StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   EEC Management (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Need help with this issue (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=16626)

waypastcrazy 10-09-2010 07:50 AM

Dang thats deadly lean

Wickd GT 10-09-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waypastcrazy (Post 208862)
Dang thats deadly lean

Put it this way, he pulled the O2 sensors and you can light up a cigarette.

Edgar

swammi 10-11-2010 05:28 AM

try thw mass air flow had a supercharged car do similar and that and the o2s were bad.

QWKSNKE 10-13-2010 08:58 PM

Like I told you a few weeks back, sounds like the tune. Brian spent several days street tuning the cobra when it had the blower on it. Fox computers are not like the late models. You MUST street tune the MAF to get it right at different rpms and loads.

Don't worry, you guys will get it cleared up, if you can't do it here, take it to Dale :D

Wickd GT 10-14-2010 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWKSNKE (Post 208947)
Like I told you a few weeks back, sounds like the tune. Brian spent several days street tuning the cobra when it had the blower on it. Fox computers are not like the late models. You MUST street tune the MAF to get it right at different rpms and loads.

Don't worry, you guys will get it cleared up, if you can't do it here, take it to Dale :D

If this was in the tune, why is it when I take the chip out, it still does the misfire at 1200-2000rpm? That is the puzzle of all this. If I run it with it, without it and even with the NA chip does it. So far, the guy working on it with the Moates/Quarterhorse data logging on the street can't find it. Like I said, pretty soon if this does not get resolve, the entire turbo kit, Hot side, cold side, Intake, injectors etc, will be up for sale. Then go carb and that will be the end of it.

Edgar

QWKSNKE 10-14-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickd GT (Post 208954)
If this was in the tune, why is it when I take the chip out, it still does the misfire at 1200-2000rpm? That is the puzzle of all this. If I run it with it, without it and even with the NA chip does it. So far, the guy working on it with the Moates/Quarterhorse data logging on the street can't find it. Like I said, pretty soon if this does not get resolve, the entire turbo kit, Hot side, cold side, Intake, injectors etc, will be up for sale. Then go carb and that will be the end of it.

Edgar

What is base timing set at? What is the timing doing at that rpm?

What MAF is on the car? Has it been datalogged in the low rpm at various loads?

Wickd GT 10-14-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWKSNKE (Post 208955)
What is base timing set at? What is the timing doing at that rpm?

What MAF is on the car? Has it been data logged in the low rpm at various loads?

He is doing the data log on the street at all gears. Now Base timing is at 10* with the spout out, in the tune don't have a clue. This guy is working on all that. So lest see what happens, but I have not heard from him today. Mass is a C&L 80mm with the green sample tube for the 42lbs injectors.

Edgar

ncontt 10-14-2010 05:40 PM

I know "alot" of people have had problems with the C&L's....but not sure if that might be it or not...although you did say that the problem persists whether the chip is in or not correct? I've got the PMAS 3" protube on mine and I can crank it up and drive it around with 60# injectors with just a stock computer.... Mine ran decent enough (albeit with a $h!T ton of exhaust leaks) just like that but I was scared about boosting it and running it lean....

Have you tried a different meter? :shrug:

QWKSNKE 10-14-2010 08:36 PM

Yep Edgar, Brad is right.
I have money that the C&L meter is the problem. Italian had problems with his, pretty sure Sendero could never get his tune right with the stock 4.6 and a C&L. There were others here that had problems with them. As a matter of fact we quit being a dealer for them because of all the problems we saw out of them.

I believe Brian's car did the exact same thing when he had the c&l on his car. Get a PMAS 80 on it and it will clear up. If you have a problem finding one, check with Anderson Ford. That used to be the only meter they would carry

1sicklx 10-14-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncontt (Post 208966)
I know "alot" of people have had problems with the C&L's....

You can count me in that group ... I'd consider looking at a different meter. I had nothing but problems with the C&L.

Hope y'all get it worked out.