StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   '03 Mustang GT/ ---TOPIC SPLIT--- (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=2904)

Wicked 07-12-2005 04:39 PM

Re: '03 Mustang GT

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhorse
No graphs to post. Dynoed at Walker Dyno in Trussville.
250.8 rwhp
286.8 rwtq

The car has a K&N cold air kit with filter, March underdrive pullies, MAC prochamber and MAC exhaust. Computer not touched yet. No chip

Doug 904 can get you a chip but I'd wait til you have more mods.

redhorse 07-12-2005 07:18 PM

Wicked - What else would you suggest? This is all new to me and I take any input I can get.

TheJeanyus 07-12-2005 07:29 PM

Gears, sub frame connectors, and drag radials would be my recommendations for next mods.

M1Speed 07-12-2005 07:36 PM

it really depends what you want out of your car(drag or handling). But tires and subs are a good start.

redhorse 07-13-2005 11:15 AM

If the 373 gears are put in, what has to be done to the computer if anything? I realize that it will effect torque but what effect will it have on horsepower?

Disney Lincoln 07-13-2005 01:04 PM

Actual engine output will not be changed, but you are giving the engine a mechanical advatage over the weight of the car. It will be easier to get hte car moving with steeper gears.

You will need either a Dallas Mustang SpeedCal or a chip or flash to the ECU to correct teh speedo.

QWKSNKE 07-13-2005 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redhorse
If the 373 gears are put in, what has to be done to the computer if anything?

Doug904 on here can help you with a computer flash that will fix your speedo. Of course he will also give you a little more power too :nice:

Wicked 07-13-2005 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJeanyus
Gears, sub frame connectors, and drag radials would be my recommendations for next mods.

I would also say definitely gears....most will say 4.10's if your staying NA.
Drag radials are great for grip but can also get to be a pain because they wear so fast if you drive the car a lot. I have put three sets on my car in less than three years at about 10000 miles a set.

I didn't have one on my 02GT but an upgraded plenum would be good for a few ponies as well.

TheJeanyus 07-13-2005 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Lincoln
Actual engine output will not be changed, but you are giving the engine a mechanical advatage over the weight of the car. It will be easier to get hte car moving with steeper gears.

You will need either a Dallas Mustang SpeedCal or a chip or flash to the ECU to correct teh speedo.

:yup: He's correct.

uvbnhad 07-13-2005 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJeanyus
:yup: He's correct.

*sigh* so much for the days of swapping out a $20 speedo gear...:(

EDIT: Personally, I'm against the SpeedCals. Not necessarily because I think they are bad, I just can't rationalize spending $99-120 for it when I can spend $300 and fix my speedo, MAF curve, permanently kill MIL, gain horsepower, gain torque, etc., etc. I guess it's a matter of opinion. If you aren't going to ever use an EEC modification the SpeedCal is the way to go, otherwise, I think you are better suited for the flasher.