StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Interior, Sound, and Shine (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Does anyone here polish? (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=4810)

DSkeet 01-10-2006 04:54 PM

Does anyone here polish?

I have a friend that may polish my D1SC for me but haven't gotten a price yet. Does anyone on here do that type of work? I for sure want to do the blower and possibly the intercooler. In the end I may just clean up the cooler really good and slap it on the way it is. Also who can I take all my piping to to get powdercoated? All the piping is kind of old and scratched up.

Thanks

David

QWKSNKE 01-10-2006 06:11 PM

Re: Does anyone here polish?

KB may do the powder coating for you for a smalle fee.

DSP will be offering powder coating services within a month I hope

TheJeanyus 01-10-2006 06:25 PM

KB also polished his KB (that statement just sounds strange...:think: ) on the '03 L. He could probably at the very least give you some tips on polishing the D1. :shrug:

DSkeet 01-13-2006 12:35 PM

Does anyone know any local places that might sell the multi step polishing kits? I have looked on the web and see lots of different kits, just curious. Also, I found a chrome plating kit that is around $250. Anyone heard of anyone doing that?

QWKSNKE 01-13-2006 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSkeet
Does anyone know any local places that might sell the multi step polishing kits? I have looked on the web and see lots of different kits, just curious. Also, I found a chrome plating kit that is around $250. Anyone heard of anyone doing that?

Polishing takes a good bit of time and materials. Not to mention the funny casting the blower cases are made out of. I had a coworker attempt to polish mine (same guy that did KB's) and it it didn't turn out.

Now I am just gonna powder coat in reflective chrome :D

Italian LX 01-13-2006 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
Polishing takes a good bit of time and materials. Not to mention the funny casting the blower cases are made out of. I had a coworker attempt to polish mine (same guy that did KB's) and it it didn't turn out.

Now I am just gonna powder coat in reflective chrome :D

Give that D-1 to me... I'll make it shine. :bling:

DSkeet 01-13-2006 10:35 PM

Loki is gonna try it out I guess. He did the valve cover on one of my Honda's back in the day. He does a bunch of MX bikes and stuff too. I guess we'll see if he had any luck!

rtusnake 01-13-2006 11:41 PM

I did my bike and some other stuff, Go to eastwood.com and they have all the buffing stuff you need along with the compounds. I use the red and white rouges when I did mine. The prep work before the polishing is the biggest part.

QWKSNKE 01-14-2006 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSkeet
Loki is gonna try it out I guess. He did the valve cover on one of my Honda's back in the day. He does a bunch of MX bikes and stuff too. I guess we'll see if he had any luck!

From what I know, Loki is good at it. I'll be interested to see how it turns out

EZ SPEED 01-14-2006 08:10 AM

I used to poilish my stuff, but it dirty and time consuming.

Now I just powdercoat stuff ;)