StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Supercharger Qs (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=4639)

uvbnhad 12-27-2005 10:26 AM

Supercharger Qs

Is the SQ trim just the "quiet" version of the S-trim? Anyone have a S/SQ trim? What type of power are you putting down?

Since Vortech and Paxton are pretty much the same now, any reason to go with one over the other?

Novi 1000 or 2000?

QWKSNKE 12-27-2005 10:41 AM

Re: Supercharger Qs

Quote:

Originally Posted by uvbnhad
Is the SQ trim just the "quiet" version of the S-trim? Anyone have a S/SQ trim? What type of power are you putting down?

:yup:
Quote:

Since Vortech and Paxton are pretty much the same now, any reason to go with one over the other?

Novi 1000 or 2000?
Novi 2000 with an intercooler all the way :metal: Works nicely with low boost (10psi) and can handle up to 20+psi

Scothew 12-27-2005 10:42 AM

The Rock and Tacbear are both putting down 380rwhp. One has the regular S and the other has the SQ. Tacbears SQ is defintely quieter than Rich's at idle.

Shankin 12-27-2005 10:52 AM

We have done a few combos that make 500 on the stock 3.33 pulley set up. the strim and the sq is a super nice blower.

uvbnhad 12-27-2005 12:17 PM

Not interested in the quiet systems at all. I'd rather have the whine. Money is a factor so I want to keep it below $4000.

Also has to be reliable (and streetable) enough that the wife has no problems driving it to the store, work, etc.

Shankin 12-27-2005 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uvbnhad
Not interested in the quiet systems at all. I'd rather have the whine. Money is a factor so I want to keep it below $4000.

Also has to be reliable (and streetable) enough that the wife has no problems driving it to the store, work, etc.

That is no problem. The car i ran 7.40flat at 100mph on 17s with is a everyday driver. I am with you on the noise! I love to hear a s trim car with the regular gears. I am a vortech dealer also if you are looking for a new one.

QWKSNKE 12-27-2005 03:45 PM

you want noise? get a procharger. Vortech's are pretty quiet

Scothew 12-27-2005 04:04 PM

I agree with Lee, prochargers are dayum loud.

The main thing I like about the vortech's is that they make great power, keep the car very streetable under normal driving loads and they are plumbed into the stock oil system. the prochargers being self contained make it to where you have to change the oil in the blower just as you would in the car.

banditmwp 12-27-2005 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scothew
the prochargers being self contained make it to where you have to change the oil in the blower just as you would in the car.

That's just the "SC" series. Lee's is tapped into the oil pan on the car.

QWKSNKE 12-27-2005 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banditmwp
That's just the "SC" series. Lee's is tapped into the oil pan on the car.

yeah what he said