StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   cold air intake (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=14287)

goofy 04-14-2009 07:42 AM

cold air intake

i have a 2002 mustang gt.. just finished building engine, stroker kit, patriot heads, stage 3 comp cams, 75mm tb and plenum, headers, etc. was trying to decide between AEM, C&L, & JLT.. i like the size of the jlt, but afraid headers may melt pvc? would aem or c&l be a better choice? i need as much air flow as i can get with my setup.. i do like the aem dry flow filter aem, which could be used on jlt or c&l.. also have to decide on a maf meter..:dunno:

QWKSNKE 04-14-2009 07:52 AM

Unless you are planning some type crazy CAI routing, the JLT will not melt. Look into the SCT Maf's

TheJeanyus 04-14-2009 08:04 AM

The JLT won't melt. I think it would have to actually make contact with the headers to melt. I had a JLT on my '03 Cobra with no problems. :nice:

QWKSNKE 04-14-2009 08:09 AM

by the way, welcome to the site. Please post an introduction post in the Welcome room

goofy 04-14-2009 08:56 AM

ya i've been looking at sct and pro-m maf's.. any of you used c&l or aem cai? how do they compare to jlt? QWKSNKE i noticed you went with AFE.. are you happy with that system? how did u decide?

QWKSNKE 04-14-2009 10:53 AM

AFE is on my F250.

Really, CAI is a matter of what you like best. They are all going to do about the same in regards to power. While they are pricey, I liked the 4" Anderson Ford Motorsport CAI I had on my 93 cobra.

Many of us have used the C&L meters and were not pleased. I have heard that the latest Pro-M company does not put out adequate MAF's but I have not run one since the company changed hands.

PMAS is the original Pro-M company and several of us have used there meters with no problems but like I said, I have heard a lot of good things on the SCT MAFs as well

SlowJoe 04-14-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWKSNKE (Post 181591)
AFE is on my F250.

Really, CAI is a matter of what you like best. They are all going to do about the same in regards to power. While they are pricey, I liked the 4" Anderson Ford Motorsport CAI I had on my 93 cobra.

Many of us have used the C&L meters and were not pleased. I have heard that the latest Pro-M company does not put out adequate MAF's but I have not run one since the company changed hands.

PMAS is the original Pro-M company and several of us have used there meters with no problems but like I said, I have heard a lot of good things on the SCT MAFs as well

+1 on the cai! i have the upr on my 02 gt and like it. it puts the filter on the outside of the fender. i wonder sometimes if a striaght cai would be better.

Italian LX 04-14-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWKSNKE (Post 181591)
PMAS is the original Pro-M company and several of us have used there meters with no problems but like I said. . .

Yep, I have a 95mm PMAS on the coupe and love it! :nice:

QWKSNKE 04-14-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecoupe (Post 181596)
+1 on the cai! i have the upr on my 02 gt and like it. it puts the filter on the outside of the fender. i wonder sometimes if a striaght cai would be better.

In my opinion, any CAI kit that relocates the MAF to the inner fender is best

SlowJoe 04-14-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWKSNKE (Post 181607)
In my opinion, any CAI kit that relocates the MAF to the inner fender is best

mine just moves the filter not the maf