StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   EEC Management (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Custom chip or dynotune? (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=13701)

EHardy1971 02-03-2009 07:06 PM

Custom chip or dynotune?

Which would be better,and more cost efffective? I know a dynotune is more exact as far as tuning for max performance is concerned,but would I be just as well off by getting a custom chip burned? I know I'd have to give the burner all my specs and such.

qkjuicedpony 02-03-2009 07:11 PM

You can burn a chip and may get a few more hp.

Or do like everyone else on the east side and get a TwEECer:D:D

QWKSNKE 02-03-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EHardy1971 (Post 173141)
Which would be better,and more cost efffective? I know a dynotune is more exact as far as tuning for max performance is concerned,but would I be just as well off by getting a custom chip burned? I know I'd have to give the burner all my specs and such.

a tune is not a tune if you are not getting a chip or some type of program reflash. Got to have some dyno pulls to get a custom tune done.

While qkjuiced was :poke: the east side, a Tweecer R/T would be the most cost effective

EHardy1971 02-03-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWKSNKE (Post 173147)
a tune is not a tune if you are not getting a chip or some type of program reflash. Got to have some dyno pulls to get a custom tune done.

While qkjuiced was :poke: the east side, a Tweecer R/T would be the most cost effective

Ahh,ok. I was thinking that you could have one burned for your specific mods/engine without the dyno session. I've been looking at the twEEcer as well. What's a good price on those?,I've seen them on ebay for around $500,but I know I could probably find a used one cheaper.

qkjuicedpony 02-03-2009 07:58 PM

Im not poking...Im looking for a Tweecer myself:D

Any deals out there?

SvoBrown 02-03-2009 08:18 PM

I looked for one a while back and ended up with the tune. Just way to much for me to learn. I did a chip and dyno to tune it. You may still need the dyno to find out what works best. Or a lot of track time. My head hurts just thinking about it..

SlowJoe 02-04-2009 06:32 AM

i would call the guys at mph i bet they can hook you up right!

qkjuicedpony 02-04-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecoupe (Post 173170)
i would call the guys at mph i bet they can hook you up right!

no chance in hell

SlowJoe 02-04-2009 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qkjuicedpony (Post 173172)
no chance in hell

i knew u would come back with something like that. but the guys know what they are doing.

TheJeanyus 02-04-2009 07:16 AM

Go with the TwEECer if you have the time to invest in it. I think you'll get the best tune that way since you can tune for driveability as well as WOT, but it takes a lot of time datalogging, making adjustments, and data logging some more.