StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   front rotors (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=552)

hevymtl 01-18-2005 04:25 PM

front rotors

Ive been dealing with vibration from my rotors for a while,so i priced OEM rotors and there right at 200 @ piece. Well i went by Speed South yesterday and he priced some Power Slots for my truck at nearly 200 @ piece. It looks like Ill be getting the PS's. I was just wondering if anyone else knew of another rotor that would be as good or better at a cheaper price?

TheJeanyus 01-18-2005 04:28 PM

Re: front rotors

Aren't Power Slots the one that Paul says are shitty Chinese made rotors that crack really easy?

hevymtl 01-18-2005 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJeanyus
Aren't Power Slots the one that Paul says are shitty Chinese made rotors that crack really easy?

:dunno: Thats why Im posting.

He says they use them alot at Barber and road tracks. I know he's got a business so I dont know? Im not sure if it was Sean or not.

svopaul 01-18-2005 04:51 PM

Quote:

YES...RUN AWAY FROM POWER SLOTS/POWER STOPS!!!!

I have more stories about those rotors than I can count...I have friends in the business who dropped them because of problems. I refuse to sell them.

Most places don't care about things as long as they sell....few people do like I do and refuse to sell crap. It's really easy to ignore problems on rotors when you can just say "performance part-no warranty".

TheJeanyus 01-18-2005 04:57 PM

I refuse to shop at SpeedSouth. When I called looking for a Bassani catback and they tried to sell me a Magnaflow catback because it "made more power" when in reality they simply don't carry Bassani but do carry Magnaflow, I gave up on them. :shake:

hevymtl 01-18-2005 04:58 PM

Quote:

I refuse to shop at SpeedSouth. When I called looking for a Bassani catback and they tried to sell me a Magnaflow catback because it "made more power" when in reality they simply don't carry Bassani but do carry Magnaflow, I gave up on them. :shake:

Oh I didnt know you had mods? :dunno:

hevymtl 01-18-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svopaul
YES...RUN AWAY FROM POWER SLOTS/POWER STOPS!!!!

I have more stories about those rotors than I can count...I have friends in the business who dropped them because of problems. I refuse to sell them.

Most places don't care about things as long as they sell....few people do like I do and refuse to sell crap. It's really easy to ignore problems on rotors when you can just say "performance part-no warranty".

Thanks, Paul you have any suggestions?

TheJeanyus 01-18-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hevymtl
Oh I didnt know you had mods? :dunno:

:think:

hevymtl 01-18-2005 05:05 PM

Quote:

:think: