StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Help with 96 GT - Codes (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=13405)

darkside 12-22-2008 02:29 PM

Help with 96 GT - Codes

Had it scanned at Autozone- came up with

P-1151 and it says " ECM could not adjust fuel trim because of a lean or rich condition. probable causes Fuel pressure too high or low. MAF sensor defective or dirty, Vacuum leak, leaking fuel injector or FPR.

P-1131 - lack of bank 1 02 transistions -lean explanation ECM detected bank 1 02 at its lean limit. probable causes : misfire bank 1,vacuum leak, fuel injector bank 1 only.

And then it had 2 more codes for 02 sensors..

Since the car recently blew a head gasket, the man at autozone said that the Cat convertors was probably stopped up and thats whats causing all of this. What do you guys think?

CrimsonRacing 12-22-2008 03:55 PM

I dunno..............

Probably outta just go ahead and part it out..........:jester:

Then get another one...........:banana:

as far as the cats...............since I don't have any,I have no clue.

:metal:

darkside 12-22-2008 03:57 PM

part it out..reallllllll cute lol

hardkorethump 12-23-2008 04:34 AM

does it idle rough? If it idle really rough you probably do have vacuum leak somewhere, but where? You would try spraying carb cleaner or starting fluid around joins and injectors. If it changes tune your getting close or have found it. Far as the other code for the O2.... Autozone guy must not have been working long because 9 times out of 10 the code will throw when running 'real' rich or 'lean'. Also, you might check the injectors and check intake for cracks. :dunno:

militarymustang88gt 12-23-2008 06:32 AM

the o2s being old or dirty from your head gasket blowing would cause all of that. cause when the ecm throws a code it goes into dummy mode it automatically runs rich as crap. just clean your o2s or put new ones in and clear the codes and you will be fine. the glycol in the antifreeze will blow strait through the cats and collect in and on the o2 surface and cause it not to read at all.

darkside 12-23-2008 08:11 AM

so i may could clean the o2's and be fine,for a while atleast..

militarymustang88gt 12-23-2008 08:41 AM

if you clean the o2s you shouldnt have a problem unless they are just bad then go buy some new ones for 30 bucks a pop.

darkside 12-23-2008 12:12 PM

Might as well buy new ones. I'm not too worried about the cats.. O/R X pipe is going on soon..

darkside 12-23-2008 03:32 PM

Guy on another Forum told me that the 02 sensors that are after the cats are not needed. He says to just clean or replace the 2 before the cat, and that should cure it.

What do yall think?

QWKSNKE 12-23-2008 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkside (Post 169580)
Guy on another Forum told me that the 02 sensors that are after the cats are not needed. He says to just clean or replace the 2 before the cat, and that should cure it.

What do yall think?

they are needed if you don't want to throw a CEL. If you do away with them you will need some MIL eliminators