StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Cold Air Induction (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=3566)

QWKSNKE 09-14-2005 05:43 PM

Cold Air Induction

are there any real world power #'s on the AFM power pipes on stock 4 valves. (or any other brand CAI for that matter)

TheJeanyus 09-14-2005 07:08 PM

Re: Cold Air Induction

I've heard good things about the JLT True Cold Air Intake systems. I really like my Densecharger, too. I could tell a big difference, but of course a SC car will respond better to a CAI than a NA car.

QWKSNKE 09-14-2005 07:17 PM

yeah but the JLT systems look like ass from the pics I have seen. Looks like parts that came from the plumbing section at Lowe's

joker 09-14-2005 09:51 PM

all of jlt's cai's look like pure crap. I think it is a rip off for what they charge. Seriously, go to lowes and build your own. They are suppose to net good numbers on supercoupes, but then again like Joesph said sc'd vehicles repsond much better to intake mods. Heck I picked up two posunds of boost with a drop in filter.

uvbnhad 09-14-2005 11:10 PM

I was reading the some reviews on the straight shot and they are boasting a 17rwhp increase on GTs but I don't know how much of that is true. Everything I've seen puts the Straight Shot at the top of the list.

jlt = colored pvc pipe. Garbage is a more fitting term.

ChipR4cam 09-15-2005 07:31 AM

JLT may be the worst looking, and just "PVC pipe" but from what I've seen they work better than anything else on n/a 4v's.

93Cobra#2771 09-15-2005 07:36 AM

I know he makes some pretty outrageous power gain claims on 5.0 versions of the JLT - he got called on it and got a little ticked off about it.

The JLT stuff is painted PVC - touch it with a screwdriver or other tool = big nasty gash.

mj_8 09-15-2005 08:47 AM

I just got the JLT high boost kit with the 12" filter. Some of the parts do look like they could be from Lowe's but I don't mind. I just want to hit 550 at the wheels, in the end isn't that all that matters anyway, more hp that is?

Anyone wanna buy my MAC CAI? It's chrome not painted PVC.

TheJeanyus 09-15-2005 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipR4cam
JLT may be the worst looking, and just "PVC pipe" but from what I've seen they work better than anything else on n/a 4v's.

:stupid: You asked what made more power, not what looked best. Mine looks like black PVC, too, but I picked up a pound and a half of boost and I've seen dyno graphs proving they're worth 25 rwhp on a '03/'04 Cobra, which is consistent with my dyno graph.

93Cobra#2771 09-15-2005 01:31 PM

Is it the bigger piping giving the increase in boost, or simply the elimination of the stock airbox giving the increase?