StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Chassis, Drivetrain, Suspension, Brakes & Tires (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Longgggggggggggg Night! (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=10995)

2slow4u 01-13-2008 09:38 PM

Longgggggggggggg Night!

:brick: :chip: Need new Axel or axles i'm not sure what all is screwed up but on the way home tonight i decided to get on it to see what she had i was doing 45 and i stomped on it. Well it snapped my left Axel and through it out tha side of the car, i think it bent that drive shaft and possibly hurt the trans, Not to sure if it hurt the gears but, i don't think well be finding out for a while cus Dad just spent a ton of money on the motor but yea if anyone has any extra axles just chillin let me know please.

97cobrasvt 01-13-2008 09:42 PM

I hate to hear that being all ya'll just done to the car.:shake:

2slow4u 01-13-2008 09:45 PM

Yea but hey thats tha price u pay when u decided u wana race.

QWKSNKE 01-14-2008 04:59 AM

You did what? :think:

Brian and I have some axles. Let us know if you don't find anything locally.

stangman 01-14-2008 05:13 AM

I have plenty of 4 and 5 lug axles. Call me Jerome 256 239-8395

Wickd GT 01-14-2008 05:13 AM

Yea, but he did not tell you he had 2 more people on the car and 3/4 of fuel in the tank, can you say "HEAVY", the car has power now, and the good old axle could not take it. I'll try to find an axle around here, hopefully is only that, but knowing my luck with this car, who knows? I can't even finish my motor. I tell you this, it went from 140 ps of compression to 170psi cranking compression, the combination of the heads and this Cobra upper and lower, 24lbs inj, 73MM mas air, and 70mm throtle body, plus the heads are ported and the upper and lower are too, and put on the 190ltr fuel pump, this thing you put it through the gears and I was shock how hard this thing moves. Once I get it fixed, we'll take it to the track.

Edgar

QWKSNKE 01-14-2008 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickd GT (Post 139704)
Yea, but he did not tell you he had 2 more people on the car and 3/4 of fuel in the tank, can you say "HEAVY", the car has power now, and the good old axle could not take it. I'll try to find an axle around here, hopefully is only that, but knowing my luck with this car, who knows? I can't even finish my motor. I tell you this, it went from 140 ps of compression to 170psi cranking compression, the combination of the heads and this Cubra upper and lower, 24lbs inj, 73MM mas air, and 70mm throtle body, plus the heads are ported and the upper and lower are too, and put on the 190ltr fuel pump, this thing you put it through the gears and I was shock how hard this thing moves. Once I get it fixed, we'll take it to the track.

Edgar

ok. I have never run any axle other than stock and I haven't broke one. Did he hit a curb?

Wickd GT 01-14-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWKSNKE (Post 139712)
ok. I have never run any axle other than stock and I haven't broke one. Did he hit a curb?

Not at all, no tire marks or anything, it broke right at below the splines, I think I know what broke it, I put the rear end real tight and the shaft pin I had to hammer it to go through, so when I get it apart I'm going to loosen it up, the axles do not have any play in them, when you push in or out on the wheel.

Edgar

QWKSNKE 01-14-2008 01:43 PM

yeah. that is not good

ChipR4cam 01-14-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWKSNKE (Post 139712)
Did he hit a curb?

Shuttup!

:D