StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4) (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Update on the Cobra & the blown up Kenne Bell (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=7942)

Greg03Cobra 11-22-2006 01:17 AM

Update on the Cobra & the blown up Kenne Bell

Well i know sime of you already heard about what happend to my blower. One day last month on my way to work just over a mile from my house my blower started to whine really loud when i was crusing. Turns out the main seal blew out & the blower started knocking. Today when we disassembled everything to prepare to send it out for a rebuild, brad & i noticed that oil was caked up on the inside of the blower.

The oil was black & some of it was a grayish color like anti-seize. This oil is what went into the supercharger, there was fresh oil put into the blower & when we drained it we found metal shavings. When the oil went into the blower it also went into the intercooler & possibly in the motor we don't know yet. The worst part is that the two screw in the blower are tore up so bad that i think they're worthless now. Now i get to start a long process to fix everything on this car & make it right. Starting with the blower to the exhaust & the piece of shit rear end. But i'm done ramblin on about this.

rtusnake 11-22-2006 01:34 AM

Seems like something steig did when he ported it since it didn't last long. What kind of plans do you have? You keeping the irs? I believe the intercooler probably stopped most of the large pieces so the motor should be ok

Greg03Cobra 11-22-2006 02:11 AM

The blower wasn't really "ported" all they did was install new bearings & gaskets & clean everything They told me that on the phone. Their just to damn stupid to be messing with a blower that they don't know a damn thing about. No i'm getting rid of the IRS as soon as the car is running again. My plans are to see if KB will rebuild this & then put it back on the car. I'll also add Kooks longtube & x-pipe, Mac 3" catback, Built solid with moser 31 spline & a few other goodies. There's this guy up here that has a honda that ran 13.8 on motor that says he will beat the cobra HA!

lukem80 11-22-2006 07:06 AM

I am so sorry dude.

rtusnake 11-22-2006 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg03Cobra (Post 103642)
The blower wasn't really "ported" all they did was install new bearings & gaskets & clean everything They told me that on the phone. Their just to damn stupid to be messing with a blower that they don't know a damn thing about. No i'm getting rid of the IRS as soon as the car is running again. My plans are to see if KB will rebuild this & then put it back on the car. I'll also add Kooks longtube & x-pipe, Mac 3" catback, Built solid with moser 31 spline & a few other goodies. There's this guy up here that has a honda that ran 13.8 on motor that says he will beat the cobra HA!

He can if your car isn't running:jester:

Greg03Cobra 11-22-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtusnake (Post 103672)
He can if your car isn't running:jester:

i still think i could take him & destroy the rest of the blower, i'd probably end up shooting screws at him lol. Luke i promise i won't kick your ass if you help me take down stiegemeier

rtusnake 11-22-2006 01:01 PM

You could always let me have the blower, I have plenty of expoxy and jb weld

Greg03Cobra 11-23-2006 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtusnake (Post 103681)
You could always let me have the blower, I have plenty of expoxy and jb weld

um or not. I shipped the blower off to Kenne Bell today to see if they can rebuild it. It should be there on Monday so i hope they get it in the morning & can look at it & call me & let me know if it can be fixed. If it can then i hope that next weekend or so the cobra will be running again with a kb. Oh yea if you'd like to help somtime or check out the car when we start to work on it let me know & is there any way i could get a ride in your cobra cause i'm going threw withdrawls lol.

rtusnake 11-23-2006 01:42 AM

Yeah man let me know when you get ready to start, mine isn't as fast as yours but I'll drive it up when you start with yours

Greg03Cobra 11-23-2006 02:26 AM

i'll be sure to let you know when we are gonna start doing some work to it. i just miss driving the car & hearing the whine right now. also your car is faster then mine was. you ran in the 11's, the best time i got with my drag radials & the kb was a 12.1 @ 127. this was at steele & it got a little loose in 1st & 2nd but when i hit 3rd the car kicked out & i was facing the left lane wall so i let out & then got back in it. i know just incase brian reads this yes i have a slow 03 cobra that pwt is faster than.