StreetStangs.net

StreetStangs.net (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumindex.php)
-   EEC Management (http://www.streetstangs.net/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   HELP Running lean with 50lbs injectors (http://www.streetstangs.net/showthread.php?t=4243)

04 Mach1 11-18-2005 04:39 PM

HELP Running lean with 50lbs injectors

I have recently went to a set of 50lbs injectors and now running extremely lean. I got the maf recali for the 50's increased fuel preasure to 43. The car run great with 30's and a FMU. I am sure they are 50's. Is there a way to check the maf voltage? and if there is what should the voltage be with the 50's and the recali? Any Suggestion? :banghead:

fireguy50 11-18-2005 05:13 PM

Re: HELP Running lean with 50lbs injectors

recal's loose their accuracy the larger (injector) you go.
What is your dyno numbers?
Go back to smaller injectors or use tuning software to get everything sorted out.

04 Mach1 11-18-2005 06:18 PM

Yes I understand the loss cali with the larger injectors. I thought that it would have a problem idling by running rich but with these its running lean thoughtout the dyno pull. I talk to Blake and he runs kinda the same setup with no problem. Is there away to check the maf without sending it in?

QWKSNKE 11-18-2005 09:01 PM

Are you running any kind of tuning software or are you just trying to correct it with fuel pressure? What kind of MAF are you using?

Scothew 11-18-2005 09:44 PM

He's trying to correct through a AFPR and a A9L with no tuning devices. Marc came out to the TMS dyno day, I wish I had gotten the run files from Blake to post up. Maybe I can once Blake gets his internet working again.

Also I think its a Pro-M maf, but unsure as to what model.

fireguy50 11-18-2005 10:56 PM

what were the dyno #'s

QWKSNKE 11-19-2005 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scothew
He's trying to correct through a AFPR and a A9L with no tuning devices.

uh oh :shake:

You can't do that now if you are at the power level to require that high of an injector (not safely anyways) Time to pay somebody to tune it or to get a tunable setup

Wicked 11-19-2005 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
uh oh :shake:

You can't do that now if you are at the power level to require that high of an injector (not safely anyways) Time to pay somebody to tune it or to get a tunable setup

Right.

Is he still running an FMU?

Just because he has 50's and the MAF is cal'ed, he still has to have some way to increase the injector pulsewidth(software) or increase the fuel pressure(FMU) as the boost comes on. I'm assuming there is boost involved or you wouldn't need 50's.

Only difference between the 30's and 50's is he won't need as much FMU ratio and his base fuel pressure will not have to be as high.

QWKSNKE 11-19-2005 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked
Right.

Only difference between the 30's and 50's is he won't need as much FMU ratio and his base fuel pressure will not have to be as high.

He could probably run a BAP and do fine but I would still recommend a good tune with it though

04 Mach1 11-19-2005 09:51 AM

Not running any tuneable software. Have a 75mm pro-m bullet. No longer using fmu have regulator with a 1.1 ratio. BAP?????? I have the dyno sheet I'll try to load.