View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #135
EZ SPEED
Friends

So I got home with the car from Vengeance about 3pm Friday afternoon…. Unloaded it out of the trailer and put it straight onto my lift for some new parts. Lol

Oh…..speaking of my trailer …. Someone tried like HELL to steal my 28’ enclosed trailer while it was sitting across the street from Vengeance. They cut the lock off the sdghasgaso, and beat the crap out of the second lock I had where the ball goes but they couldn’t defeat it so I guess they gave up.

I started working on the SS about 7pm Friday night and by 4pm Saturday afternoon I had finished up. I removed the 3.27 rear end gears and installed a 3.91 ring and pinion set. I also installed some QTP electric exhaust cut outs

Put about 120 miles on it Saturday night and Sunday morning then on my way home Sunday afternoon about a mile from my house I shifted into 4th gear and the clutch pedal stayed on the floor. UGHHH

Removed the Transmission Monday afternoon and found that the Slave Cylinder (some people call it the hydraulic throw out bearing) had overheated, seized and puked all the fluid out. So I ordered a new one, and also….I didnt really like the Monster Stage 5 single disc clutch and lightweight 18 lb billet flywheel that came with the 6 speed stuff that I bought used from another Camaro guy, so while the trans is out, I removed and sold the whole clutch/flywheel assembly yesterday.
Ordered a new RPS Street Slayer Twin Disc Carbon clutch with Billet 28 lb flywheel to put back in.

Now just waiting on parts to get here and get this thing back on the road.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2866a.jpg (109.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3594.jpg (126.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_3600.jpg (130.1 KB, 22 views)