Thread: '01 Lightning
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #19
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey

Thanks again everybody. I got the Energy Suspension front swaybar bushings and endlinks on earlier this week. I would've gotten the rear done, but I had to replace a tierod end, on top of being sick. While I was working on it, I got a pleasant surprise on the suspension. I had assumed it was a Belltech suspension kit because of the shocks. It appears he either put together his own kit, or sourced a custom kit from somewhere by the looks of the springs....

.....Yep, it has Eibach springs on the front, and from what I've read on Lightningrodder, Hotchkis (2 leafs) springs on the rear. With just the front swaybar kit on, there is a noticable improvement in the handling and steering response. One bit of advice though, if you ever do this upgrade, wear some rubber gloves when applying the lube. It's like trying to wipe wet RTV silicone off of your hands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NO2MORO View Post
I am waiting for Kristi at Metco to call me back, I can not find a relocation kit by Metco. I will let you know as soon as I know something.
Ok, thanks!

QJP, I'm going to have to build some funds back up, and get some other home projects done before I dive into the engine. But when I get some $ put back, I'll take you up on the offer.
06 TBSS

Last edited by EHardy1971; 06-15-2011 at 08:57 PM.
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote