View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #8
Yugos4ever

In Jan 2013 I replaced the axle bearings, and put in Royal Purple 75W-90 in the diff. A few months later I started hearing and feeling grinding in the rear while turning. Got so loud at times folks in parking lots were looking at me wondering what the hell was going on. I also caught a burning oil type smell from the rear after long trips. A little research showed I had put in the wrong oil viscosity, so changed out to 140 and added some 4 oz additional friction modifier in June 2013. No problems since.

I am the original owner, and have changed the oil religiously every 3K-6K miles. Used mostly either full or blended synthetic. I reckon no flush is needed.

Turns out the trouble codes I had were caused by my CAI drooping apart downline of the MAF. A quick reconnect and tightening of the clamp fixed that.

I'm also noticing general clunkiness in the front end over bumps. I'm thinking bushing are going bad since the original struts were replaced at about 91K miles. Still have the original ball joints.
Yugos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote