View Single Post
Old 07-16-2006, 07:53 AM   #1
Blown 5.0

Smile Mach needs new shoes

I have a dilemma, The Goodyears on the Mach are shot. They are dry rotted and hard as a rock. Not to mention are getting near the wear bars, (with only 18000 miles on the clock? ). Now for the dilemma, I want a good tire that will work well on strait line traction as well as hold in the twisties, But i also want a tire that will last at least 25000 miles, ( they will probaly dry rot before the mileage.) I have looked at a lot of tires, But i have never had a factory hot rod before with these kind of choices. I have decided on the size 245/45/17 for the front and 275/40/17 on the rear. (want to keep stock wheels) I have never been a fan of Goodyear tires, but i would buy a set if i believed this was the best tire. ( a lot of places reccomend the F1 GS D3 ) I like the looks of the tires with the V tread design but i know looks is not always the best choice. So what tire choices would yall recommend ? P.S. I dont want to say money is no object, because i have to work everyday, But i do believe you get what you pay for. So any feed back would be appericated very much
Blown 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote