View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 05:46 PM   #21
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88scgt View Post
my block is at the machine shop getting honed. the cylinders looked great just no cross hatching. as far as the building of my engine the clearances were checked twice. the oil pump just went bad. most likely the main reason is b/c on the pick up there was a small hole in the mesh. i think a piece of trash got in the oil pump. the oil pressure at idle was not always low. i have had this engine built for two years and it just started having low oil pressure last time to the track, usually at idle it is around 25 to 30 but last time to the track it dropped to 14 -16. the car has been run very hard lots of racing etc.. the engine is a 306 with forged lunati pistons bpm forged h beam rods stock crank. has world product heads ported and polished w 2.02 1.60 valves, 1.7 rockers. the cam is pretty radical not sure of duration but the lift is 586 with 112 degree lobe separation. trick flow upper and lower with a vortech s trim at 14 psi, car made 550 with a c4 and went 6.7 at 101 and 10.8 at 127. car should run better now with new suspension in rear. i always use a hv pump b/c of the 7qt pan with an arp shaft.

Make sure that the thrust bearing has the right clearance, when you set it up, get a flat piece of glass, and a 1200 grid sand paper flat on top of the glass, and only sand down at the front of the thrust bearing, meaning to the front of the engine, between .005-.006" is what you want for end play on the crankshaft . Did you find pieces of bearings? look at your old thrust bearing.

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote