View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
1sicklx
BamaMafia 4 Life

Exclamation Kenny Brown Speaks.

I know a lot of you are wondering just what happened to me and Kenny Brown Performance last fall. I have been told there are a lot of rumors floating around the internet and at track events, some of which are close but many are pretty fantastic and not true. To paraphrase Mr. Twain – “The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated”

I promised to give you “The Real Story” on just what happened, so here it is. Besides Cari, my wife and business support, thinks it is good therapy for me to start writing again as part of my recovery process while I build my strength back up. For those with short attention spans, I have trimmed down the story to a few quick “Bullitt” Points.

“Bullitt” Points:
  • Four years ago, I caught the “the cold from hell” returning on a plane from my in-law's after Christmas (hummm…) and the cycle started - Got sick, got better, got sick, got better, keep working, got sick, kept working got better, got sick, kept working, etc.
  • In 2004, I became really sick, went into hospital, stayed off the Grim Reaper, was sick for half of ‘04, kept working, became a bit better.
  • Beginning of ‘05, got sick, kept working got better, kept working, got sick, kept working, got better, kept working, got sick, etc.
  • Built some really cool cars, went to SEMA.
  • Got really sick after SEMA, went into the hospital again, got a little better, tried working.
  • Got really, really sick and into the hospital again. Family finally had enough – time to take a break, got a little better, didn't feel much like working.
  • Got really, really, REALLY , sick, hospitalized yet again, stared down at the Grim Reaper one more time, temporarily closed the Company. I couldn't work now and my full-time gig had to be focused on getting well.
  • Spent Thanksgiving, Christmas, part of New Year's Eve and my wedding Anniversary in the hospital – I promised my wife something special for our “5 th ”anniversary and I never break a promise
  • I'm slowly getting better but not all the way there yet, doctors tell me this will take some time, “be patient” (easy for them to say). I'm getting bored, still weak, but I'm designing some killer new suspensions for the '05-on Mustangs on my computer, planning for the CSR-69 concept to be the ultimate track car.
  • What's next when I finally get well – I can't give the big ending away yet…