View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #9
1sicklx
BamaMafia 4 Life

What Happened to Kenny Brown Performance

If any of you have ever been unfortunate enough to be in a life crisis situation you know that things get mixed up pretty fast, chaos and panic set in. Up is down, right is left and black and white no longer exist, perspective becomes blurred and orderly process abandoned. In retrospect the right decision was made to temporarily close KBP to focus on my health. The mistake, is that we (I mean I) should have come to that conclusion much, much earlier. The hastily developed closure plan was to sell the company (assets) to a third party, and move everything into storage. This would reduce fixed overhead and other liabilities while I was recovering. Then when I was better and ready - we would re-fire it all back up again. What's that old saying about best laid plans? Reference “Murphy's Law” Rule #1.

In the business world, just like in nature, there are scavengers and “bottom-feeders” that prey on the sick and weak. With me in and out of the hospital sick as a dog and slowly deteriorating, the weight of the world (our world) was squarely on Cari and it was crumbling all around her. With the Alfa male wounded, lame and dying some very unscrupulous individuals assisted by their trained land sharks (Lawyers) and jackals engaged in a series of very questionable and unethical legal maneuverings and filings.

Their objective was to quasi-legally steal the assets of KBP. To achieve their objective they created confusion, distraction, misdirection and havoc. There was now a very black and white decision to be made – fight and save the assets of KBP, or fight to save the life of me, they couldn't do both. I'm kind of glad they chose the latter.

By the time I was well enough to even understand what was going on, it was so late in the game and the price of admission (ie legal fees and time) would be staggering, plus I was in no shape for a fight and didn't know how long it would be until I could. So we had no choice but to just walk away. It was a very difficult and heart wrenching decision to make. However, they may have gotten all the KBP stuff - But what good is it without the KB magic , and I still have that. At the end of the day - We can replace KBP, and will – but we can't replace KB.