View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #10
1sicklx
BamaMafia 4 Life

What's Next?

That's a very good question. As my health continues to improve we expand our discussions of potential direction and opportunities. If nothing else there is a pretty strong “Lessons Learned” here to pay attention to. I've just survived a pretty serious life crisis and thwarted the Grim Reaper twice now; I don't want or need a third try. My health has to take precedence over business and pleasure.

On the other hand I'm just dying (no pun intended) to start building cars again and get to the track. I've have some really cool new stuff rolling around in my head that needs to get out. “So many cars, So little time”
Like I said earlier I'm going to run under the caution flag for a bit, steadily picking up power and speed. Initially I will focus on the non-physical stuff – designing and engineering parts, creating custom car packages for customers, consulting on special projects, marketing, track set-up, driver coaching, appearances, those sort of things and of course try to do more writing.

As crappy as my life has been over the last several years, its not often a person has the opportunity to step back away from it all and take a serious look at the past and present to try and shape the future. If there is a silver lining to all this I think that may be it. I have been afforded a golden opportunity to stop, look and listen to my life with minimal pressure or stress to see what I really want to do with the rest of my career.

First off, I am a car guy and always will be a car guy. The only thing I like better than building the best fast cars is driving them. To try and bring a perspective to all this, we set up a chart with all the things I love and do (in KBP) extremely well on one side and the things that I have do but am not as proficient at on the other. If I really am focusing on regaining and maintaining my health, I will need to reduce my work load and stress. The easiest way to do that is to focus primarily on doing what I love and do best and that's building fast cars and motorsports.

It's a bit premature to offer up any more information than that but one tentative plan (and remember things can and typically do change) could be for me to focus solely on special customer cars; custom top of the line performance mostly to dominate track-days but super- street capable as well as R&D, new product development and motorsports. This would of course require a new state-of-the-art Tech Center. We're looking but details and potential location are not available at this time.

Another thought to support the pent-up and growing demand for Genuine Kenny Brown products is for the near term to look at partnering, JV's or other business relationships with reputable quality focused companies. In our original plan (that was blown up) we thought that we could have a portion of parts manufacturing back up and running by early to mid summer. Unfortunately the jackals have scuttled that – So New Plan, I just don't know exactly what it is right now, but we are working on several options as well as monitoring other new interesting opportunities - so hang in there.

So what really is in the future for me? Cars, Cool Cars, Fast Cars, Fun Cars. Over the past 30 odd years I've built a lot of really cool, really fast cars but I can tell you from the bottom of my heart – my best work is yet to come!