View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 08:31 PM   #3
Wicked
Friends

Send a message via AIM to Wicked
Re: yeah... its back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwillburn119
okay... so it stopped... for like a day... i replaced the distributor.. completely... still working with the eec... but its not working... waiting on plug wires... which i just replaced... but am replacing again... just in case... but i still have the problem...

But i have a new Question... is it possible that maybe the speed sensor is clashing with the speedometer since i have 3.73 gears in the car and havent replaced the speedo gear YET? If not... what else could it be? The damn thing doesnt bring up any codes so im totally at a loss... also instead of it cutting out at different points in the powerband... now once it gets warm it just does it all the time... i am starting to suspect some sort of mechanical failure... but i dont know what it is... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!
if you dont know what im talking about refer to my other thread...

The problem went away after messing with the distributor right? What exactly did you do to the distributor? Did you mess with anything else at the same time? It could be bad wires and by moving the wires(when messing with the distributor) you caused the problem to go away or change.

Have you watched at night/dark under the hood to see if you could see spark arcing from any of the wires?

Work Car:
2005 Honda Odyssey
400 whp Turbo V6, 6-speed, full cage, H&R Suspension, Brembo Brakes
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote