View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 07:00 AM   #10
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvoBrown View Post
I had a lifter that exploded and caused something like that. Valve stayed open then stayed shut. Beat the hell out of the cam.

another time had an injector bank start going out on the puter. Caused the same thing.

It sounds like the timing is jumping up and down. You might see something with the light on the dyno at cruise speed.

Can you drive it with the spout out, Timing locked and see if that is it. Go low to be safe.
I have done everything imaginable I can think of. So, there is friend of mine here that has a shop, which the Ford dealers from around here go to him because they can't do something they can't do and has tools and software they don't have to diagnose. So I took it to him and has check wiring harness, Injectors, timing etc... All has passed. Then he drove it and he call me back. He told me that he is certain this is a very lean condition at cruise, how is 17:1- 19:1 A/F ratio between 1200-2000rpm! He even said to me it was scary to see that AFR. He is waiting on some other diagnostic software that he order and then he is going to check Monday the computer, he is going to take it apart and then read whats in the computer. He has the Quarter horse tuning stuff and is going to test the car live with the laptop and have the computer Live with the person who sells this product and see what is going on. Then if he fixes this problem then I'm going to buy a Bullet proof AOD from http://www.silverfoxtrans.com

Check that site. This guy is the one that did the tranny for the guy in Orlando that travell in his twin turbo to Commerce for the NMRA. He did the true street came runner up with 8.8x average, load up his stuff and drove back to Orlando thats 1,000 miles round trip and the tranny survive. Lets see, if he can't find it, which he is an ex technician from Ford when he worked in the Ford factory at Detroit or Michigan, then this thing is either going to be sold or I'm going to part it out completely to the ground.

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote