View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 08:01 PM   #1
Wicked
Friends

Send a message via AIM to Wicked
P0174,P0171 Codes...

I have been getting codes for lean condition on both banks. The codes are triggered by long term fuel trims of over 20%.

After I put the supercharger on, my car ran great for a long time and it still does.

I guess it was about 6-8 months after adding the charger that I started getting the P codes for lean condition on both banks. The PGM I borrow from work shows a snapshot, it looks nearly identical everytime....same speed, tps, rpm, etc. The conditions I remember off the top of my head are 1800rpm, 50-something mph, 5th gear. I forget the load, TPS, etc but they all seem normal. By definition of the codes, my long term fuel trims are over 20%. I believe it happens in the contructions zones of I20, the only place I'd be going 50mph(my speedo is off so its actually 58mph)

I originally thought it was related to an exhaust leak on the driver side. But I fixed my exhaust leak, then got the code again, this time for both banks.

I have tried different O2 sensors with no luck. I also tried disconnecting my Air/fuel gage to make sure it wasn't creating an error in the O2 signal. Even if it had been it would onyl affect one bank anyway.

I guess the only other thing that may have changed is MAF position. I guess its possible that at that specific RPM/airflow the MAF gets confused.

I'm planning to get the car tuned soon hopefully and I want to clear up any items that might screw up the tunability.

Any ideas?

Work Car:
2005 Honda Odyssey
400 whp Turbo V6, 6-speed, full cage, H&R Suspension, Brembo Brakes
Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote