View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 05:27 AM   #37
Wickd GT
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX View Post
I'm pretty sure that has mostly to do with the cam I had ground. I asked for a lot of low end torque and I got it.

With the rocker change, I was thinking that if I increased the lift that it would maybe give it a bit more power up top, but apparently I was wrong. I'm guessing the duration has more to do with my lack of top-end power. (I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head.)
Big numbers, but that cam is killing that motor. That is not an RV! The 427 by it self has a ton of torque, plus nitrous is torque at the hit. Change that cam, so those heads can do their thing. You can get a cam that is streetable, and don't have to be huge. My suggestion is a cam with around .598/.610" with at least 244/256 at .050 with a 112 LS, speced for Nitrous. The spec on your cam are for pussy cars LOL. You are killing that motor with that cam, thats the reason of the low hp, with that motor on it self should have at least with a good cam 475-500hp, the rest is there to support a good cam. But for a street car, respectable numbers. The reason of your high torque is cause it is fat, the more you lean it, you see the numbers changing, hp picks up torque comes down. Good job, Brian. Another thing, when you are ready to spray it, put an AR3932 spark plug, not the ones with the long tips. Thats is a dissater waiting to happen.

Edgar
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote