Thread: Sn95 turbo 351w
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #22
BLOWN95GT

Angry

So I talked to the machine shop today to see if any of the stroker kit parts had come in yet, and see what balance the motor was going to be. Well the guy says I need to bring him a cylinder head? He said they sent the wrong pistons and the only compression ratio pistons they had for the tw head was a 10.1 so now its gonna cost me more because they have to fly cut the piston for the valve relief. Im so pissed I feel like setting the car on fire and calling the insurance company. I payed $1900.00 + $200.00 for a 383 stroker kit with 8.1 or 8 1/2.1 compression for twisted wedge heads I specificly told the guy what heads I had because I knew he would have to get custom pistons. Well then the one week motor project hit a snag they couldn't find the right crank for the 383 so without my permission (not even a phone call) they take it upon themselves to change it to a 408 kit. The only way I found out is because I called to check on the parts myself. Now they got the wrong pistons and I have to pay more for the machine work and have the pistons re-balanced. One more setback and I may call it quits for good.
BLOWN95GT is offline   Reply With Quote