View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 08:56 PM   #22
ncontt
pro-jackstand racer

Send a message via AIM to ncontt Send a message via Yahoo to ncontt
Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
What are your plans for the interior? Are you keeping the bench seat or going to some type of buckets? Just curious because it looked like you had modified about a 1/3 of the mustang console already? What size wheels will fit on the back?

Lee, plans for the interior, for right NOW, are that I will run the factory 79 Fairmont bench seat, until I get some either (A)Racing buckets, Corbeau's etc., OR (B) some mid 80's bucket Fairmont/LTD seats with armrests/center console. You are correct sir....we cut a stock MUSTANG, 1990 vintage center console just AFTER where the stock shifter goes. I am going with a Performance Automatic's manual VB with trans brake and O/D on the switch and using the stock shifter for now. The rims for now are 03 MACH I's 17 X8 with 255's if I'm not mistaken.

here is a link to the work we got done today. WORK ACCOMPLISHED ON 5/06/07 <------LINKAGE

we put the trunk pan/tank/cover/straps out of a 90 stang in the 79 fairmont to make it work with the 90 dash/gauges that are in there....let me know what you think

Brad