View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #1
BLOWN95GT

Fresh motor smoking?

Well the 357w motor I built for the turbo project is now smoking. It all started last weekend. I just got 200 miles on the fresh motor and cleaned the car up. I decided to change the oil before me, my wife, and 3 year old leech loaded up and headed to a car show. Before the oil change the car ran great no smoke, no problems what so ever. When wel left the neighborhood I looked in the rear view and there was a trail of smoke like the motor was blown up. I stopped checked to make sure there was no oil leaking on the ground or under the hood and nothing. The smoking stopped after a few miles like it never happened. Well after the car show the same thing leaving the parking lot and you want to talk about embarrasing! So I get home and decide it has to be the turbo drain line but look and there are no problems, it drains the same way it did before. I pull all the plugs and find all are fine except number 4 It is covered in oil. I decide it may be a leaking intake gasket so I change it and still the same results. I looked in the intake port on the head and you can see oil around the intake valve on the number 4 cylinder. So I change the valve stem seats and that doesn't fix it eighther. I did a compression test yesterday and all of the cylinders are showing 155 psi. Now I guess I am going to remove the intake again and pull the motor, then drop the oil pan and look to see if I have a oil ring broke on the number 4 cylinder, and take the head to he machine shop to get the valve guides checked again.
BLOWN95GT is offline   Reply With Quote