View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #7
LeeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by militarymustang88gt View Post
well i have an edelbrock performer upper from the 302 and i just have to get a base for the 351
302 parts on a 400+ cube stroker will make 302 power, If you use an Eddy Performer on a 408 its going to be done about 4500rpm. 2 words, Cross Section!

So far 1sicklx and Matt are dead on!

HP prediction: Too many variables to make a prediction, But the way youre headed it would be fun in a tow truck or daily driven 4X4.

Camshaft: There is way more to a cam than lift and duration, Lift and duration are a by-product of timing events and lobes chosen. A good cylinder head needs good clean charge of fresh air, This means little to no overlap and the use of faster ramps. Advertised duration and duration @ .050 gives you an idea of how fast or slow a ramp is as does LSA. Cubic inches, Total combo and desired operating parameters dictate the cam needed. Optimal for a "Streetable" application is a wide Tq curve, This means you have to be careful picking your parts or the camshaft will have to crutch a poorly chosen combo.

Streetability: This is like asking opinions because everyones perception of "streetable" is different, Mine is if it will idle its streetable.

Intake: Dale has my old Probe/CHP EFI Spyder and I think he is looking to sell it, It is new and is not a Chinese knock-off(original Eddy Vic Jr.).
90GT
93GT
LeeH is offline   Reply With Quote