View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 05:04 AM   #17
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
Nobody said anything about bad about the previous owner of this car, including the thread starter.
Actually, she did make this comment in her original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangChik View Post
Ok so i just bought this 96 Cobra a couple of months ago, and I'm ready to run it off a cliff. The first time i ever gave it a good hard shift the transmission goes out. It is now stuck in second gear. We are getting ready to drop it this weekend. I guess that's why it was sold.
I meant to make a comment in Matt's defense, but forgot after answering the original question.

What she had to remember is that there is no way anyone could know that anything is about to break in the transmission. Lee and I have broken many of them, and they alomost NEVER give any warning. The only way he could know it was about to go out was to actually open up the case... and that would be way more trouble than just fixing the problem.

Stangchick, please don't take all of this as us bashing you. We just want you to realize that the transmission being on the verge of breaking could not have been the reason for selling the car.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote