View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
RTGreen

Send a message via AIM to RTGreen
Procharger P1sc-2 v's Vortech sq v2 v's Novi 2k

I starting to plan my next moves for the 96. I have been reading alot of info on these chargers, but I have no real world experience with any of them. I'm leaning twards Procharger for the fact that they come with a intercooler and for $275 more you can upgrade to a 3 core sheet metal cooler. I've read that they had some oil leak problems on the original P1sc, but can't find anything negative about the p1sc-2 or D1. Another plus of the Procharger is that I would not have to tap the oil pan.

Vortech sq v2,
I know alot of guys run this charger, but I have not been able to find any with an intercooler setup that can compete with the price of Procharger. I know that they sell an aftercooler, but It seems to be affected by heat soak easily...correct me if I'm wrong.

Novi 2000,
This seems to be a great charger from what I have read, but the price is steep, and really steep with the addition of their intercooler setup. Price is not the biggest concern, but if hte gains are not much greater than the other chargers above, then I don't see a point in spending the extra.

The ATI has a blow through MAF setup, while the Vortech has a draw through....does that make a huge difference?

Any input from guy with these S/C's or anyone with first hand knowedge is welcome!
Thanks

Stats from manufactures websites:

Vortech V-2 Sq
Maximum Airflow - 1000 cfm
Max Boost Pressure - 20 psi
--------------------------------
Procharger P-1sc-2
Maximum Airflow - 1200 cfm
Max Boost Pressure - 30 psi
--------------------------------
Paxton Novi 2000 RR
Maximum Airflow - 1400 cfm