View Single Post
Old 03-24-2005, 10:25 AM   #4
86GT

Re: Where do you (or will you) install your WB O2?

It also depends on the type of WB. If it is the Bosch then I believe it has some min and max distance that it can be from the exhaust valve. I think the max is around 25 inches. I got the info from PLX.

It does seem kind of weird that PLX would state this when the O2 sensor has a built in heater. It is most likely to save on the heater time.

When I installed mine I had them welded in about 2 inches downstream of the factory ones and clocked a bit. Here is the catch, After the welding was done and a couple of days went by, I heard some rattling. It ended up being slag inside from the welding that had broken loose.

I was so pissed that I had to completely remove the H-Pipe (with cats) and shake out all of the remaining slag. I also at this time used a long screw driver to reach down inside the pipes to break off any other slag.

If you can have it welded off the vehicle.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote