View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #6
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Re: Forced induction and fuel economy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX
As far as Dave's improvement, how was this measured? Did he drive the exact same way before and after the blower when he measured the fuel consuption (highway and city)? Did he measure it by topping off his tank and then topping it off again a record the amount of fuel between fill-ups... if he did it this way, did he use the exact same pump both times? How many tanks of gas did he use to measure.

My point is that there are a lot of variables that could throw the test way off.

WTF???

You fill up the tank. Drive from point A to B. Highway or city (whatever your normal drive is) Fill the tank up and calculate the average consumption based off what your miles driven are. Isn't this how everyone calculates mileage?

I don't see what so hard to understand about potentially getting better mileage. Hell, even Wicked made a post awhile back (on the mafia I believe) about getting 25 mpg in his vert when going to the beach. (which is way better than Shelly's has ever gotten)

Wall mentioned when his supercharger was put on that he didn't see a economy difference vs when it was n/a.

Depends on the blower and how much drag it has on the motor. It is quite possible on the smaller blowers to help the car become more efficient enough to help its economy.
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote