StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #11
broke

Send a message via AIM to broke
man sorry to hear about that, hopefully everything works out for the better whatever that might end up being.

is this the blower that luke had rebuilt by steg?

10.45@134
broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:42 PM   #12
mrmustangconvert

man that sucks, but i hope you get your machine fixed soon. and build that live axel along with slicks. not to mention did you already change your input shaft
13.068 @ 102 with a 1.732 60 ft, 4:30 gears and drag radials, 2.5 inch exaust, x pipe w/ flowmasters, stock motor and trans
mrmustangconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:23 PM   #13
Greg03Cobra

yeah that the same one that Luke had that hack rebuild. I'm starting to hear from some people that KB may not do the rebuild cause i'm the second owner & that the case may be damaged, if that's gonna be the case then i'm gonna be a very pissed off person. daniel i havn't done an input shaft yet & if they won't fix the blower then i'm not going to fix the car period & that's the end of it.

640hp & 600trq :Sold

2007 Shelby GT : Sold

2004 SVT Cobra Oxford White : Sold

Ricer import has become the Silver Submarine : Stolen & totaled
Greg03Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #14
broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg03Cobra View Post
yeah that the same one that Luke had that hack rebuild. I'm starting to hear from some people that KB may not do the rebuild cause i'm the second owner & that the case may be damaged, if that's gonna be the case then i'm gonna be a very pissed off person. daniel i havn't done an input shaft yet & if they won't fix the blower then i'm not going to fix the car period & that's the end of it.
well that sucks, did steg say they would help you out any or what?? Was the plenum ported etc?? sounds like it may of gotten some shit on the inside of the pack

I have done input shaft swaps, let me know if you need pointers, its pretty easy

10.45@134
Old 11-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #15
Greg03Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke View Post
well that sucks, did steg say they would help you out any or what?? Was the plenum ported etc?? sounds like it may of gotten some shit on the inside of the pack

I have done input shaft swaps, let me know if you need pointers, its pretty easy
yeah the plenum was the only thing ported the blower was not steg told me this. all the said was that the KB was a flaud design blower the only lasted 500 - 2,500 miles & that they could rebuild it but i also need to send them a eaton to get ported & i told them to go to hell.

i was thinkin about doin halfshafts but i already have a solid axle. i'm surprised your stock halfshafts lasted this long man, but i think you got a freak car that can handle anything you throw at it. shit my stock clutch has 53k miles on it & put up with a pullied eaton & a KB & still works. is there a way i could get your number man cause i do have a few questions for you.

Old 11-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #16
broke

Quote:
yeah the plenum was the only thing ported the blower was not steg told me this. all the said was that the KB was a flaud design blower the only lasted 500 - 2,500 miles & that they could rebuild it but i also need to send them a eaton to get ported & i told them to go to hell.

i was thinkin about doin halfshafts but i already have a solid axle. i'm surprised your stock halfshafts lasted this long man, but i think you got a freak car that can handle anything you throw at it. shit my stock clutch has 53k miles on it & put up with a pullied eaton & a KB & still works. is there a way i could get your number man cause i do have a few questions for you.
I have to disagree with steg on some stuff honestly. Its not a flawed blower, I know of several DD cobra that have 40-50k on 2.2L's. If this was an issue you would of heard alot more about shitty blowers.

My car runs to close to what it needs to throw a solid in it, although my halfshafts amaze me as well hahahah. My stock clutch worked awesome as well, last 20k miles, wouldnt slip on the street, only at the track. I would be 2500 into a solid axle to get all the good parts I will need to support 750HP once the new shortblock and nitrous goes up here next spring. You have to think of good upper and lowers, good bushings, anti roll bar, battle box, shocks, good rearend setup for the diff, it all adds up quickly. I will just find some used level 5's and be done with it, throw a 28 on it and work on suspension in the front and rear. I think 1.3's on IRS isnt out of the equation.

check your pm's

10.45@134
Old 11-28-2006, 03:03 AM   #17
Greg03Cobra

Well guys my blower arrived at KB yesterday around 11:30 am & this is the official word from Kenne Bell on the rebuild of my blower NO it cannot be rebuilt due to the damage to the rotors. They said that if they were ok then the blower could have been rebuilt, but since they were damaged then it would cost a over 1,500 to fix it. So i was faced with taking the trusty ole eaton & doing a stage 4 port nah still to slow. So i got me a new KB 2.2 that is shipping out this afternoon at 4pm I hope that it will come in this week otherwise my cobra will be back on the streets terrorizing people next week Oh yea & this thing is coming with a 90 day warranty so i've been told that for about the 1st month to month & half just beat the shit out of the car to see if the blower will hold together. Who here thinks i should do that?

Old 11-28-2006, 09:11 AM   #18
mrmustangconvert

sweet, glad that you are getting it back on the road
13.068 @ 102 with a 1.732 60 ft, 4:30 gears and drag radials, 2.5 inch exaust, x pipe w/ flowmasters, stock motor and trans
mrmustangconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 09:56 AM   #19
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
just beat the shit out of the car to see if the blower will hold together. Who here thinks i should do that?
Bring it by the house and let me drive it again. . .if anyone can tear it up it would be me
Old 11-28-2006, 01:23 PM   #20
Greg03Cobra

yea i'll bring it by there we'll just go & beat the piss out of the car. but if it holds together that's gonna be good.