Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Project Cars

Old 02-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #11
NO2MORO
Friends

Send a message via MSN to NO2MORO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian LX View Post
Thanks.

Actually, if you happen to know a source where I could buy some male/female OEM connectors, that would be very helpful. I need to interface with the DVD and NAV unit, but I'd rather not hack into the factory wiring.

Specifically, I need Connector 'E' (16P) on the Audio-Navigation unit and Connector 'A' (32P) on the Audio Display -- male and female of each.

I have a factory cabin harness, somewhere around the shop. I will look for it and get back with you.
NO2MORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:56 AM   #12
NO2MORO
Friends

Send a message via MSN to NO2MORO
[QUOTE=Italian LX;226409]Here's a picture of what Alexis drove when we were married, and what she drives now.

. . . amazing what a difference 5 years and 3 kids makes.

I know the feeling. For each girl we had we lost another stang. When #3 came along I lost the G8(Love that car, only GM product I would ever own). Mahaley wont drive a minivan. I've tried getting her a Odyssey but she wont have it. So we bought the "Beast" Expedition EL. Now she just gripes about fuel mileage.
NO2MORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:30 PM   #13
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO2MORO View Post
I have a factory cabin harness, somewhere around the shop. I will look for it and get back with you.
Thanks.

My original intention was to get male/female connectors so that I can make extension cables and just splice into them, so a facotry harness wouldn't help; however, you made me think... if I had a replacement harness, I could hack it up and save the original one for if I ever want to return it to stock.

I lookd up online to see what part I would need and it seems that the audio harness for our van is Honda part 32118-TK8-A60. If you don't have what I need, I'll probably just keep an eye out on eBay and see if one shows up.

'86 Mustang GT Convertible
'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Italian LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #14
Craig K.
Nothing new here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeanyus View Post

At least you guys still have the 'vert for her to enjoy once in a while. A lot of people have to give up their toys completely.
Yeah, ummm that's me, thanks for the reminder.
Though I guess the ATV is my new toy. It ain't much but it's something.

Nice mini-van Brian and congrats on the up coming major mod to it
2011 KIA Optima GTS
Craig K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #15
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:

At least you guys still have the 'vert for her to enjoy once in a while. A lot of people have to give up their toys completely.

I have probably put more miles on their vert than they have in the last few years. I have borrowed it twice

Can't remember why though
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #16
TheJeanyus
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig K. View Post
Yeah, ummm that's me, thanks for the reminder.
Though I guess the ATV is my new toy. It ain't much but it's something.

Nice mini-van Brian and congrats on the up coming major mod to it
I know the feeling. Preparing to have a kid is a big part of the reason why I no longer have my F150 or the Corvette. Sold the F150 to get rid of the debt, sold the Corvette to pay off the rest of my debt other than the house and put some cash in the bank. Played around with motorcycles, but sold them too. If it weren't for my mom basically giving me the car for free, I wouldn't have my Mustang either.

When I was 18 and knew everything, I said I'd never be "that guy" who sold his toys to have a baby. As I got older I realized I wanted financial stability and a happy family more than a car sitting in the garage. Who knew I'd actually grow up one day?
TheJeanyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #17
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post

I have probably put more miles on their vert than they have in the last few years. I have borrowed it twice
You definitely put more miles on it than Alexis -- she hasn't driven it since Evan was born. (He'll be four in July.)

I only put about 100 miles on it each year... that equals about 10 runs to home depot and a couple trips to Anniston. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
Can't remember why though
I know you took it to the Friday car show in Gadsden at least once. I'm pretty sure you had it for at least a month or so during that time.

'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Old 02-11-2014, 04:02 PM   #18
Italian LX
Daddy x4 ...we're done

Quote:
I know the feeling. Preparing to have a kid is a big part of the reason why I no longer have my F150 or the Corvette. Sold the F150 to get rid of the debt, sold the Corvette to pay off the rest of my debt other than the house and put some cash in the bank. Played around with motorcycles, but sold them too. If it weren't for my mom basically giving me the car for free, I wouldn't have my Mustang either.

When I was 18 and knew everything, I said I'd never be "that guy" who sold his toys to have a baby. As I got older I realized I wanted financial stability and a happy family more than a car sitting in the garage. Who knew I'd actually grow up one day?
I guess I need to grow up too and start selling things.

Actually, I have considered selling the coupe a few times just because I know it will be a long time before I can find time to work on it. But then I think of how maybe it would be something that I can work on with Evan... so I talk myself into keeping it.

Who knows, maybe he'll grow up and not be interested in cars at all. At that point, I'll just sell it and buy me a boat or something.

'88 Mustang LX coupe
'11 Odyssey TE
'21 Insight Touring
Old 02-11-2014, 05:34 PM   #19
Craig K.
Nothing new here

Quote:

Actually, I have considered selling the coupe a few times just because I know it will be a long time before I can find time to work on it. But then I think of how maybe it would be something that I can work on with Evan... so I talk myself into keeping it.

Who knows, maybe he'll grow up and not be interested in cars at all. At that point, I'll just sell it and buy me a boat or something.
I am at that point now. My oldest son (14) is kinda of into cars, but I think really only because I am and he wants to talk to me about stuff. He is (and the other two) are really into sports (football and basketball) and Xbox.
I had want to do a full restoration to the 95 Cobra vert with them but rather of had cash to pay off stuff.
So now with the ATV I can take kids for rides one at a time and we spend time together that way which is nice.
I am still hoping maybe one of them gets the bug and I will help wrench on their cars...or plug in the computer for them
2011 KIA Optima GTS
Craig K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:01 AM   #20
TheJeanyus
Administrator

Quote:

Dibs on the Windsor.

Or do this with it! http://www.ilovesleepers.20m.com/photo.html Who needs legroom when you can do big smoky minivan burnouts!
TheJeanyus is offline   Reply With Quote