StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Project Cars

Old 11-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #11
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

Lol I still have it. Haven't worked on it in awhile. Been saving up to build my shop
(='.'=)
(")_(")
rtusnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 08:10 PM   #12
BLOWN95GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtusnake View Post
Lol I still have it. Haven't worked on it in awhile. Been saving up to build my shop
What kind of shop are you building?
Old 12-02-2018, 08:18 PM   #13
BLOWN95GT

Drove the car for the last time the way it sits today.
Installed a new digital 6 plus box because the old one quit firing. Gonna send it off for repair so I’ll have a backup.
Called F.A.S.T. Had the numbers on the ecu I have run and found out it was setup to run sequential fuel injection, individual cylinder tuning, and 4 different stages of nitrous. Guess I’ll be running a couple of kits.
If any of you have owned a 94-95 mustang you know that if you change the cam, maf, or anything else on these cars the computer goes stupid and cant seem to find an idle without a tune, or chip so I’m going to go ahead and install the fast ecu. While I’m at it I will hide as much of the under hood wiring as I can because looking at the factory bird nest is getting old.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:23 PM   #14
BLOWN95GT

Anyone here have experience with tig welders? I was going to buy some gauges to put in the car but if I’m installing the fast ecu I don’t think I will be able to use the ones I wanted and pretty much everything I wanted will be displayed on the laptop when tuning. So instead of buying gauges for the inside of the car I’m looking at buying a tig welder. I just don’t want to spend $3500 on something that I’m not going to use all the time, but would be nice to be able to smooth the engine bay, or weld in a cage down the road, or build my own intake piping.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:06 AM   #15
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWN95GT View Post
Anyone here have experience with tig welders? I was going to buy some gauges to put in the car but if I’m installing the fast ecu I don’t think I will be able to use the ones I wanted and pretty much everything I wanted will be displayed on the laptop when tuning. So instead of buying gauges for the inside of the car I’m looking at buying a tig welder. I just don’t want to spend $3500 on something that I’m not going to use all the time, but would be nice to be able to smooth the engine bay, or weld in a cage down the road, or build my own intake piping.
The FAST setups are pretty awesome. I just installed a FAST EZ EFI 2.0, FAST Dual sync distributor, FAST E6 Ignition, and FAST E92 coil onto my step dads 1967 chevy truck that I built for him. It runs fantastic now!!

I used to have an Eastwood Co. TIG welder, seems like it was about $700 and it worked great. I am hearing good things about the new TIG's that Harbor Frieght is selling. prices look reasonable on those also.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:39 PM   #16
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOWN95GT View Post
What kind of shop are you building?
30x50. As far as tig welders I have a miller diversion 180. Great entry level machine
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Old 12-03-2018, 08:44 PM   #17
BLOWN95GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
The FAST setups are pretty awesome. I just installed a FAST EZ EFI 2.0, FAST Dual sync distributor, FAST E6 Ignition, and FAST E92 coil onto my step dads 1967 chevy truck that I built for him. It runs fantastic now!!

I used to have an Eastwood Co. TIG welder, seems like it was about $700 and it worked great. I am hearing good things about the new TIG's that Harbor Frieght is selling. prices look reasonable on those also.
Yea I looked at the new welders that Harbor freight has online the other day.
The Vulcan Omni pro 220, and then I was looking at the Eastwood TIG 200 digital, and Eastwood MP250i. Just don’t know which would be better. The Vulcan Omni Pro 220 I don’t think has been out long enough to have any longevity problems but then again its a harbor freight welder. The Eastwood welders I don’t know if I want a all in 1 stick, tig, and arc welder or a tig only. Not for sure but I’m thinking that maybe the all in 1 might not last as long because with more functions comes more problems down the road?
Old 12-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #18
BLOWN95GT

The F.A.S.T. Ecu that I have is a classic fast, with a external data logger that came out of Doug Mangrum’s Pro 5.0 car. I wont have every bell and whistle that the newer fast systems have like bumping in at the line or ecu self tuning, but should have plenty of function for what I want to do.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:55 PM   #19
BLOWN95GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtusnake View Post
30x50. As far as tig welders I have a miller diversion 180. Great entry level machine
Personal garage, or you planning on runing a business out of it?
I just remember wiping the drule of the table while looking at your build thread years ago, and didn’t know if you were going to open a performance shop or not?
Thanks for the input on the welder, $2,200 may have to go used for one of those
Old 12-03-2018, 09:45 PM   #20
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

It'll be my personal shop. I have plenty of projects to fill it with lol
(='.'=)
(")_(")