StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Project Cars

Old 06-23-2021, 09:24 AM   #71
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

Yeah last week was pretty humid lol. I see pics online of people’s trash cans melting from the temps, does that really happen?
(='.'=)
(")_(")
rtusnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 12:22 PM   #72
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtusnake View Post
Yeah last week was pretty humid lol. I see pics online of people’s trash cans melting from the temps, does that really happen?
LOL, I havent personally seen anything that extreme, but I just asked my friend here at work and he said Yep, he has seen trash cans melt here. LOL

Everyone here at work is saying " Hey ! its raining today, YAY?" I told them "thats not rain, thats less than a sprinkle".
I have been here about 7-1/2 months and it "sprinkled" rain for a whole day. Thats the closest I have seen to what we Alabama people know as "rain". LOL

But Monsoon season is now here in Tempe (mid june thru sept), so I am curious to see what thats like.
Old 07-08-2021, 07:18 AM   #73
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtusnake View Post
and shoes getting a little soft if you spend to much time out on asphalt or concrete.

Eric,
Good to hear you are enjoying it out there. I like to visit but I couldn't live out there because of the heat. I have been out there to many times on the 105+ days. kills me.

And yeah on the rain comment, it cracks me up the way they get exited over 'rain'. Wait till you see the dumbasses outstide playing in a lightning storm. Once you see that, you will understand how so many dumbasses get struck by lightning each year. LOL
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 12:31 PM   #74
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
and shoes getting a little soft if you spend to much time out on asphalt or concrete.

Eric,
Good to hear you are enjoying it out there. I like to visit but I couldn't live out there because of the heat. I have been out there to many times on the 105+ days. kills me.

And yeah on the rain comment, it cracks me up the way they get exited over 'rain'. Wait till you see the dumbasses outstide playing in a lightning storm. Once you see that, you will understand how so many dumbasses get struck by lightning each year. LOL
Hahaha, yeah these people go crazy over "rain".

We started having dust storms last week. Those suck. I have those rain visors over my windows on my truck and I always keep my windows open about 1/2" to keep the hot air venting out.
Not a good idea to leave the windows like that during a dust storm... next morning I had 1/8" or more of dirt covering EVERYTHING inside my truck.

With me about 110-112 is where is starts to feel pretty hot. But honestly as long as I can find shade its not too bad.

My neighbors think im crazy being outside @ 112 degrees with a pop up shade over my truck working on it for 12-14 hours a day for 2-3 days in a row. LOL
Old 07-17-2021, 05:58 AM   #75
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

The dust storms are cool to see roll in from a distance but yeah I imagine clean up from windows being cracked would suck. Not to mention pool clean up.
You will definitely have to keep spare air filters for all cars in case you get caught driving in one
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 04:44 AM   #76
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE View Post
The dust storms are cool to see roll in from a distance but yeah I imagine clean up from windows being cracked would suck. Not to mention pool clean up.
You will definitely have to keep spare air filters for all cars in case you get caught driving in one
Oh yeah, it totally screwed up our pool for a few days.
Old 01-30-2023, 12:46 PM   #77
EZ SPEED
Friends

SOLD. It now lives in South Texas, sold it about 2 months ago.
I also sold the 2019 Camaro SS about a year ago, had a 2013 Cadillac ATS for about 8 months, traded it for a 2021 Tacoma TRD Pro that I had for about 4 months. Now I have the Range Rover.

Last edited by EZ SPEED; 01-30-2023 at 12:55 PM.
EZ SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote