StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 07:39 PM   #21
SlowJoe
Mind Blowing
 
SlowJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dawsonville Ga
Posts: 3,897
the sniper setups do not work with 64 bit computers!
__________________
Slow Joe Racing
2008 dodge ram 5.7 HEMI
1993 lx with a 289 and a 3 speed on the floor
WTB 1955 t-bird project
SlowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:56 AM   #22
Doc_G
Lurker Extraordinare
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 237
Send a message via AIM to Doc_G
JOE I'm no expert, however I can tell you that I have watched many a debate about this software vs SCT. The ONLY think I like about the sniper software is the fact that it isn't automaticly locked to one vehicle. I forget how many you can tune with it but I know its more than one. You can also buy more "bullets" to add the ability to tune other cars. The guy I had tune my roots blown v6 mustang told me to my face that he'd never use the sniper software when I asked him about it. And the look on his face when he said it was one of disgust.
Doc_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #23
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey
 
EHardy1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Home
Posts: 5,702
I know this is an old thread, but I'm bringing it back up since I'm picking up this kit in a couple of weeks for the Lightning. I have heard nothing but praise about this tuning setup on LR. I only know what I've read about SCT's XCals, but the Sniper system seems to be well ahead of them, as you can do more fine tuning with them as well as datalogging. You can fine tune your AFR across the entire RPM range, as well as custom tailor it to your mods. The REALLY cool thing about it, is that after you upload the tune or "Bullet" to the vehicle, you can download it back to the box, and tweak the tune as you add more mods, VS having to pay for an e-mail or dyno tune to cover new mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_G View Post
JOE I'm no expert, however I can tell you that I have watched many a debate about this software vs SCT. The ONLY think I like about the sniper software is the fact that it isn't automaticly locked to one vehicle. I forget how many you can tune with it but I know its more than one. You can also buy more "bullets" to add the ability to tune other cars. The guy I had tune my roots blown v6 mustang told me to my face that he'd never use the sniper software when I asked him about it. And the look on his face when he said it was one of disgust.
I don't know who that was Doc, but maybe he had preferences for another brand of tuner. It comes with two "Bullets", and as you said, it's not VIN locked to one vehicle like a Diablo or SCT is. You can tune as many vehicles as you have bullets, and as I said, you only really need one bullet per vehicle unless you want to do a winter tune and summer tune, or a street tune and race tune. From what I've read on LR, their customer service is top notch. They have offered several guys invites to their facility in Florida for a free tour, and session on their in house dyno to test and further fine tune their trucks. All for free. Here's a good thread about it on LR.

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum...ad.php?t=58797
__________________
Eric
89 LX Coupe-Juiced
01 Lightning-Boost
06 TBSS
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #24
Doc_G
Lurker Extraordinare
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 237
Send a message via AIM to Doc_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHardy1971 View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I'm bringing it back up since I'm picking up this kit in a couple of weeks for the Lightning. I have heard nothing but praise about this tuning setup on LR. I only know what I've read about SCT's XCals, but the Sniper system seems to be well ahead of them, as you can do more fine tuning with them as well as datalogging. You can fine tune your AFR across the entire RPM range, as well as custom tailor it to your mods. The REALLY cool thing about it, is that after you upload the tune or "Bullet" to the vehicle, you can download it back to the box, and tweak the tune as you add more mods, VS having to pay for an e-mail or dyno tune to cover new mods.



I don't know who that was Doc, but maybe he had preferences for another brand of tuner. It comes with two "Bullets", and as you said, it's not VIN locked to one vehicle like a Diablo or SCT is. You can tune as many vehicles as you have bullets, and as I said, you only really need one bullet per vehicle unless you want to do a winter tune and summer tune, or a street tune and race tune. From what I've read on LR, their customer service is top notch. They have offered several guys invites to their facility in Florida for a free tour, and session on their in house dyno to test and further fine tune their trucks. All for free. Here's a good thread about it on LR.

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum...ad.php?t=58797

While not wanting to backpedal in any way shape or form Eric, You do realize my comments are 3 years old based on a conversation I had with a tuner a couple years before that. Having never used sniper software I cant yea/nay say it at all currently. However I can say I've not been too impressed with sct customer service lately.
__________________
88 Gt hatch (another one)
01 Gt DD
Doc_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:06 AM   #25
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey
 
EHardy1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Home
Posts: 5,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_G View Post
While not wanting to backpedal in any way shape or form Eric, You do realize my comments are 3 years old based on a conversation I had with a tuner a couple years before that. Having never used sniper software I cant yea/nay say it at all currently. However I can say I've not been too impressed with sct customer service lately.
Understood, and I hope you didn't take that the wrong way. I've heard the same thing about SCT and Diablo's CS.
__________________
Eric
89 LX Coupe-Juiced
01 Lightning-Boost
06 TBSS
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #26
Doc_G
Lurker Extraordinare
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 237
Send a message via AIM to Doc_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHardy1971 View Post
Understood, and I hope you didn't take that the wrong way. I've heard the same thing about SCT and Diablo's CS.

Not at all brother. Bring the wife with you to the mtn. Friday. You guys can crash the couches or the hide-a-bed in the den, or the air mattress.....
__________________
88 Gt hatch (another one)
01 Gt DD
Doc_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #27
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey
 
EHardy1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Home
Posts: 5,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_G View Post
Not at all brother. Bring the wife with you to the mtn. Friday. You guys can crash the couches or the hide-a-bed in the den, or the air mattress.....
Gotta work Saturday to pay for this Sniper deal.
__________________
Eric
89 LX Coupe-Juiced
01 Lightning-Boost
06 TBSS
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.