StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Project Cars

Old 10-08-2019, 06:03 AM   #1
EZ SPEED
Friends

2019 Camaro SS

I loved my 2016 Camaro SS but it got totalled.

So I bought a 2019 Camaro SS with the 2SS package. This one has everything that my 2016 had plus a few extras even though it was a 2SS package also. ( i have adrenaline red seat and door inserts, sunroof, and newer updated infotainment system that i didnt previosuly have)

2019 Camaro SS gets a cosmetic refresh and a 10-speed automatic for the SS.
cosmetically for 2019 they changed the hood, front bumper cover, headlights, rear bumper cover, and tailights.
added front collision avoidance and a review camera in addition to the backup camera

but the biggest change was throwing out the problematic 8 speed auto for the 10 speed auto !!!
this transmission is so much better. increase fuel mileage buy 3-4 MPG, quicker 0-60 by a tenth and 1/4 mile quicker by a tenth. Also get line lock and launch control.

Last edited by EZ SPEED; 10-08-2019 at 10:24 AM.
EZ SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:26 AM   #2
EZ SPEED
Friends

24 hours into my ownership of this Camaro I had already completed these little projects:

Painted front flowtie satin black
Painted brake calipers red with a G2 paint kit
Installed white Camaro and Brembo decals onto the calipers
Carbon fiber wrap strip between taillights
Move SS emblem from rear bumper to between taillights
Installed smoked LED side marker lights
I tinted my side windows 20%
Painted muffler, exhaust tips and rear diffuser satin black
Made custom carbon fiber rear reflector covers with vinyl wrap

And the following weekend :

Strip and re-paint side rockers and front splitter from 2016
Install 3 piece rear diffuser from 2016
Install carbon hood and rear spoiler from 2016
Hardwire radar detector
I tinted the rear window 30%
Install LED trunk light
Install license plate and reverse LED bulbs
Install new Powerstop Z16 brake pads front and rear
Install BMR 1.0 inch lowering springs
Old 10-09-2019, 08:34 PM   #3
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

Sounds like all the mods will be done in a month lol. I like how everyone is getting to the 10 speed transmissions
(='.'=)
(")_(")
rtusnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 06:53 AM   #4
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtusnake View Post
Sounds like all the mods will be done in a month lol. I like how everyone is getting to the 10 speed transmissions
yep, its moving pretty quick. I wasnt able to get all my carbon fiber pieces out of the interior, but I got the big pieces (small pieces broke when trying to heat and remove them). so I re-ordered all the small carbon fiber stuff to replace what i had. most of it is coming from china so it will be a couple of weeks.

Still waiting on the replacement locking lug key ( the original key got lost in the wreck and transportaion process) hopefully it will be here soon so I can get my wheels off the 16. Once i have the wheels i need to order one replacement rear wheel, then I already have the paint to paint them all black... then install on the 19.
Old 10-10-2019, 06:55 AM   #5
EZ SPEED
Friends

updated pics of the progress so far.

Old 10-10-2019, 12:49 PM   #6
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

Looking good. I'm gonna have to swap over to imgur. Photobucket sucks balls
(='.'=)
(")_(")
rtusnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:56 AM   #7
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtusnake View Post
Looking good. I'm gonna have to swap over to imgur. Photobucket sucks balls
Thanks!!
Yeah i had to swap a while back when they started blocking photobucket here at work.

Oh, got my wheels off the 16 friday finally. One front tire had a gash in the sidewall i didnt notice. So ordered 2 front tires , they will be here today. Messaged my contact at MRR wheels and waiting to hear back from him about a replacement wheel. I have the other 3 wheels all dismounted to bare rims and got them all sanded down yesterday.
Old 10-22-2019, 06:10 PM   #8
Wall96cobra
ooooo cake!!!

Big money...
Wall96cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 07:05 AM   #9
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall96cobra View Post
Big money...
nope, just big payments..LOL
Old 10-28-2019, 07:07 AM   #10
EZ SPEED
Friends

Well i have had it a month now. LOL
I finally finished up tinting my windows and gave it a good washing this weekend.

Now just waiting for the powder coat guy to call me and tell me to bring him my wheels that i took off my 2016. Going to PC them in "Ink" Black which is a really glossy deep black.

Then the only thing left is to decide if Im going to wrap it the same color as my 2016 or wrap it in Satin Black.

Last edited by EZ SPEED; 10-28-2019 at 07:10 AM.
EZ SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote