StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2007, 10:34 PM   #1
oo-gonzo

Steele 07/06 #'s Disapointing!

Went to Steele tonight with some buddies had a great time, but I am disapointed in my car, or should I say, My performance. My first run was 15.00 flat and I progressivly got worse through the night with my final frustrating run of 16.17. What tha? I need help! Heres what I know I was doing wrong. 1-coming off the line way to hot for street tires, 2-mis timing on shift to 2nd.
My excuses are 1- I have no internal lights and cant see the tac, thus meaning I am shifting by feel, which obviuosly means I suck at it. I am completely missing the rev on my shift to 2nd gear. I feel like the car hits 2nd gear and starts pulling like a bat outa hell. Strong and hard. Then I get to high RPMs (6000-6500) and feel the need to shift. When I shift to 3rd. It feels like I am hitting the brake with a little tap. The car slows down before it starts pulling.

Here is what I have on the car, so tell me if I am expecting to much from so little. 94 GT stock block, PP upper & lower intake, 70 mm TB, Mac CAI (fenderwell) MSD ignition, Accell coil, FR 9mm plug wires, K&N filter, underdrive pullies, stock headers, UPR x-pipe w/ high flow cats., stock cat back, stock gears, stock clutch, stock shifter, street tires.
I am so disapointed with this, because of the time and money invested and the car is slower than the 96 stock GT, I used to have. Watching my buddy in a stock camaro run 13's didn't help any! I feel like I have spent all this money and the car runs just like it did when it was all stock! What gives? I know that I have a lot of learning to do on the drive side of things, but damn why can't I go faster?
oo-gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote