StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
Brutal87

I need help with a NOS system.

I found a guy that is selling a NOS kit that he took off his '93 Cobra. He's not sure what kit it is. I want to make sure it will work with my setup before I buy it from him. Can anyone tell me anything from the pics?? What kit it "May" be?

The kit also has a 10lb bottle, Blow-Down Tube & bottle gauge. (not shown)

Thanks
Carl
Brutal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:20 PM   #2
slvrbullit
Super Moderator

Re: I need help with a NOS system.

Carl, that is the NOS Dry EFI KIt 5115-1. I think you should be fine with that kit. If I remember correctly it is jettable up to 175hp, which is the max those solenoids will flow. I used to run that kit on my 170k stocker. I would recommend upgrading the fuel pump to at least a 190lph to be safe but that is really not needed unless you go over 125hp shot.

2000 Ford F-350 Dually Lariat LE Crew Cab Short Box
7.3 auto 168,000 miles
slvrbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
Brutal87

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrbullit
Carl, that is the NOS Dry EFI KIt 5115-1. I think you should be fine with that kit. If I remember correctly it is jettable up to 175hp, which is the max those solenoids will flow. I used to run that kit on my 170k stocker. I would recommend upgrading the fuel pump to at least a 190lph to be safe but that is really not needed unless you go over 125hp shot.
Thanks for the info... Does it look like everything is there to hook it up? Also where can I download the install instructions? Thanks again..

BTW.. I was going to run no more than a 75 shot (Maybe 50) & I have a 255 in tank..
Old 06-23-2006, 04:59 AM   #4
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

you can try looking it up on their website for the instructions
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:21 AM   #5
joker
Friends

The only thing I dont see there that most would consider to be part of a standard nitrous installation is a wide open throttle switch. Granted it isnt as important that you ahve one on a dry kit as it is a wet kit, but most people would probably recomend having one. I think you can pick up just the WOT switch for about $15 to $30 but it has been a while since I purchased one. If putting the kit on a 5 speed car, I would ditch the push button and have it activate off of the WOT switch. When driving a 5 speed down the track there are too many other things to worry about than having to hold down a button.
joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:09 AM   #6
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker
The only thing I dont see there that most would consider to be part of a standard nitrous installation is a wide open throttle switch. Granted it isnt as important that you ahve one on a dry kit as it is a wet kit, but most people would probably recomend having one. I think you can pick up just the WOT switch for about $15 to $30 but it has been a while since I purchased one. If putting the kit on a 5 speed car, I would ditch the push button and have it activate off of the WOT switch. When driving a 5 speed down the track there are too many other things to worry about than having to hold down a button.
+1
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:28 PM   #7
Brutal87

Thanks for the info guys.. I picked the kit up yesterday. BTW.. It had a WOT switch with it. I DL'ed the install instructions & it looks like a very easy install. Thanks again..
Brutal87 is offline   Reply With Quote