StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Interior, Sound, and Shine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
SilverBack

Now For The Inside....

Some of you guys have seen my car in person and it's obvious that my build was focused first on getting the car painted and on the road. After my little setback I'm finally getting things done again.

The floor is covered in Peel-N-Seal from the firewall to the fenderwells.

I put the carpet in this Sunday. It is ACC charcoal mass-backed from 50resto and fit very well.
Let it sit in the sun and cook while I pulled the seats & headliner and vacuumed.

The most difficult part was making the cuts in it where the jute backing is real thick.

I already have the door panels finished and I'm waiting on a window motor kit and door lock actuator kit before I install them. In the mean time I replaced the red headliner w/ black.

Old

Removing foam with wire brush on rechargeable drill.

All done.

Fabric came from eBay and I've got enough to cover the rear package tray as well. The original is too trashed to reuse, so I've found some thin sheet-board at Lowe's and will use the old as a pattern.

The car is quieter as far as noise coming from the floorboards, but with no headliner, door panels, or package tray, there is plenty of noise coming from other places right now.

I'll keep adding to this thread as I progress. Let me know what you guys think.
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote