CrazyInBlack
Crusin...

Fan Switch in a 4.6

http://www.corral.net/index.php?opti...d=86&Itemid=26

Quote:
Cooling the 4.6 Mustang with a Fan Switch
Written by §cott 96Çobra
Tuesday, 22 June 1999
Unfortunately our Cobras and GTs DO run hot. There are a few ways to cool it. If it is a 96 Cobra you can try and get Ford to do the TSB cooling upgrade which will help, but the downside is that a bigger radiator (should you ever desire one) will no longer fit. Of course you could just drop in a Griffin, and be done with it. But should funds not be available …… read on.

This mod was told to me by Ryan Hernandez (Purple Haze). I just decided to type it out!

This modification can be done in about 20 minutes and costs next to nothing. When used, it will lower your operating temperature approximately 1 to 1.5 letters on the "Normal" gauge. All that is involved is to wire in a ground for the high-speed fan relay and switch it so that you can turn it on anytime you want, and leave it on if so desired! This mod I did last summer, and it WORKS LIKE A CHARM.

THE MOD:
Pull the passenger kick panel and locate the LIGHT-GREEN wire with the purple stripe. NOTE: There IS a dark-green one on the Cobra….(wrong one - it's a knock sensor wire). Anyway......once you have located this wire....which will be grouped with a bunch of other wires running from the EEC up the back of the fire-wall - hard to find, but it’s there......(very difficult to get to - Yoga helps).....tap into this wire (don't cut it in 2, just tap into it) and then solder it back up and tape it nicely. Then to test it quickly turn your key on to cycle, and touch the other end of the wire to the ground bolt (also under the kick panel). You will hear the fan turn on....YEY. Now, you are NOT done yet! Wire in a 1/2 amp in-line fuse holder with fuse (safety reasons - no other purpose) and then continue this wire to a switch and ground the other side of the switch. You are all set! Kenny Brown sells this package for quite a bit and they give you a switch that goes in the glove box. You could put it there if you want. I have a coupe, so I purchased an additional Fog-light switch and installed it in place of the coin holder. It's nice and neat and accessible.

Grounding this particular wire simply closes the high-speed fan relay and turns on the fan!
Liberal education has nothing to do with liberal or conservative politics. Liberal education is the simple idea of a broad and well-rounded course of study in the humanities, social sciences, sciences, and the arts. The overarching goal is to liberate the mind from ignorance and superstition.

Last edited by QWKSNKE; 10-28-2007 at 08:02 PM.