StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management > Tweecer
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 12:17 PM   #1
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Tuning Injector Slopes

I am ready to start finally dialing in my KAMRFx's and get my gas mileage/performance back where it needs to be. Just like a good little tuner I have been clearing my EEC each time I make a fuel control change, but I have a concern that I need addressed.

In the EA documentation regarding tuning injector slopes, it states that you need to set your breakpoint to some unobtainable number and "accelerate very slowly" in order to keep the EEC on the low slope side. Purpose of this is to tune the slope between 0-3ms.

Since I've got an EEC-V with adaptive strategy enabled I usually drive the car a couple of days after making a change to make sure the KAMRF tables have learned their proper corrections. So can I just change my breakpoint without clearing the EEC and datalog, or will I have to drive like a grandma for a couple of days to allow the learing process?

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Sendero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 01:11 PM   #2
86GT

Re: Tuning Injector Slopes

I need to rework that help file. Since you have the EEC-V, the new version of the EA can calculate the slopes and breakpoint without having to do what is described in the help file.

Goto the injector slope tab and select the "PW vs Required Fuel" option. Now select the settings button on the injector slope tab. Choose the automatic option and enter in the actual injector size.

Make sure to leave adaptive on and filter out any outliers in the datalog. What I mean by outliers is things like 16000RPM and so on.

This procedure will find the best fit for you delivered fuel. It will not get rid of the hills and valleys in the KAMRF. The hills and valleys have to be removed by modifying the MAF curve directly.

To increase fuel mileage, note where the car run at cruising speeds such as load and RPM. Now go to the fuel tables and make sure there are at 14.64. If they are not you can modify the sea level load scale or adjust the fuel table.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
86GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GT
I need to rework that help file. Since you have the EEC-V, the new version of the EA can calculate the slopes and breakpoint without having to do what is described in the help file.

Goto the injector slope tab and select the "PW vs Required Fuel" option. Now select the settings button on the injector slope tab. Choose the automatic option and enter in the actual injector size.

Make sure to leave adaptive on and filter out any outliers in the datalog. What I mean by outliers is things like 16000RPM and so on.

This procedure will find the best fit for you delivered fuel. It will not get rid of the hills and valleys in the KAMRF. The hills and valleys have to be removed by modifying the MAF curve directly.

To increase fuel mileage, note where the car run at cruising speeds such as load and RPM. Now go to the fuel tables and make sure there are at 14.64. If they are not you can modify the sea level load scale or adjust the fuel table.
Awww, cool. Thats a new feature since the last version. That is awesome! Thanks Clint!

"I believe that a person's moral compass can be determined by how he references free men the right to defend themselves." T. Nugent
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." R. Heinlein
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Unknown
Old 05-26-2005, 01:23 PM   #4
86GT

I uploaded the latest last night. It now save all chart settings for all charts. It also has a better refresh rate on the charts. It has a slew of new things.

A9M, TwEECer, 306ci, 73mm C&L w Tuner Tube, Cobra Intake, 42# inj, Edelbrock 6037, E303 cam, 155 fuel pump, FPR, 70mm TB, E-Fan, 3.55 gears, Powerdyne 9psi actual 5psi...way more.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #5
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

does this mean that I may be able to get some fuel economy out of my 93 again
03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
86GT

You could if the AFR is dialed in for the cruising range.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:48 PM   #7
Sendero
Im gonna show her my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
does this mean that I may be able to get some fuel economy out of my 93 again
Nope, I didn't see the El Destructo automatic option. Sorry.

Old 05-27-2005, 11:40 AM   #8
93Cobra#2771
The Kocky One

Kocky will be back!

93Cobra#2771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 12:16 PM   #9
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendero
Nope, I didn't see the El Destructo automatic option. Sorry.

03 F250 SD.. Edge Evo, AFE Stage 1 CAI
08 GT. JBA axle back, FRPP springs, FRPP swaybars.. daughter's
01 Cobra vert... wife's

I need a new toy
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 01:41 PM   #10
boss96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GT
You could if the AFR is dialed in for the cruising range.
FWIW guys, you don't need to dial in the afr in CL unless you are past the adaptive range of the eec for some reason (bad maf curve). 14.7 is what you are going to get no matter what if you are reasonably close on your maf. If you have aftermarket cams then you can help gas mileage by adjusting injector timing which Clints program will do for you.
Bob