StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Trade Goods > Product Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
BLOWN95GT

Thumbs down Advantage Engine Restoration machine shop.

This is a machine shop in downtown Leeds Alabama. THEY SUCK! I took my 94 model 351w roller block to them and payed $1900 the day I dropped off the block to have some machine work done. I wanted the block bored 30 over and ordered a 383w stroker kit with forged crankshaft, h beam rods, and forged pistons specifically for trickflow twisted wedge cylinder heads with 8.5-1 compression. Well the guy CLIFF said the kit would be there three days from when we ordered it. I call the shop a week later and they say well we had a little set back, the company we ordered the kit from couldn't find the right crank so we upgraded it to a 408. The kit got swapped without my permission, not even a phone call to get the go ahead! This really pissed me off but they upgraded the kit for the same price so I said well whatever as long as it has a compression ratio at or less than 9.0-1 that is fine. The guy says the kit would be at the shop within the next 2-3 days ok fine. One week later I call the shop again. The guy (Cliff) says well we have a problem, they sent the wrong pistons in the kit so now its gonna cost another $200 to have them flycut and balanced . I tell him to send the kit back and I will be there to pick up my money and block the next day I will order my own kit . The next day I go to the shop to get my stuff to find out nothing had been touched the motor looked just as it did when I left it 3 weeks ago. I tell them I am taking my buisness elsewhere. Cliff writes me a check for $1900 and ask me not to cash it for two days (ok whatever) Im trying not to cause any trouble and just let it slide so I load my junk and go home. I call to see if he has the money in the bank yet, he says ok so I go to sign the back of the check to deposit it and he wrote the check out to someone else! NOT MY NAME. I went to the shop today to get another check wrote and Cliff isn't there so this fat ass behind the counter starts to huff and puff and has the nerve to say (well you know it cost us $98 to send the kit back right?) I say not my problem he says yes it is you didn't tell us you had trickflow heads! I go off and tell him not only did I tell them what heads I have but I didn't even order the f***ing 408 kit I ordered the 383 kit anyway Pass this on to everyforum in Alabama that has to do with cars and If ANYONE AT ADVANTAGE ENGINE RESTORATION IN LEEDS, ALABAMA EVER GETS TO READ THIS DANIEL DAVIS SAYS YOU GUYS SUCK!!! AND I HOPE NOONE EVER GIVES YOU ANY BUISNESS!
BLOWN95GT is offline   Reply With Quote