StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > EEC Management
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #1
Wickd GT
Friends

Need help with this issue

Well you guys know my Son and I finish his turbo Mustang build up. Car was running fine before we took it to the Dyno. After the Dyno car started to do a bad jerking and misfire. We took it back to the Dyno to recheck everything in the tune, but tune is fine. We drove it and car still does it. This happens at cruise only, when the rpm reaches 1500-2000rpm you can hear the momentary skip and when it goes into overdrive forget it, your kidneys are coming out of you. Car at full throttle will not do it, it runs like a raped ape. So this is what I have replaced to no results:

1.Check all grounds
2.New MSD 8.5 spark plug cables
3.New MSD rotor and Cap
4.New plugs gap at .032" Autolite 3923's
5.New TFI module
6.New Distributor
7.Put new vacuum lines.
8. Tested, without the wastgate, tested with the blow off valve to see if is leaking, but all checked out.
9.Check the Mass air and clean the mass were the diodes are.
10. Check without the chip, just the stock computer.
11. Check the harness at the connection to the injectors harness
12. unhook the MSD box
13. Put old Coil
14. Check the turbo
15. Replace both O2 sensors

All of this did not make any improvements. I have spent a ton of money chasing this crap, then to top it off the AOD took a crap. Mike rebuild it completely, everything check out in the bench, well guess what! The damn thing still does not want to down shift, stall the motor when coming to a halt, hangs in second, makes a terrible squeal sound when manually shifted. Adjusted the cable loose tight middle, I hate that cable. So, this is my last effort, looking at getting a bullet proof built AOD from Silverfox.com or a C4 with a transbreak, and put a set of 3.08 or 3.27 so the motor wont be hanging the tongue in the highway.
Any of you guys that are experience with fuel injection can point me to the right direction, before I loose my mind and put a match to this thing and burn it to the ground, that's how close I am. I need to get this fix before I put a new tranny in here, and this one needs to survive until I can find this problem. If this can't be fixed, I'll buy the car from my Son and I'll part it out to the ground.

Edgar

Last edited by Wickd GT; 10-03-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Wickd GT is offline   Reply With Quote