StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Trade Goods > Product Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2005, 03:53 PM   #1
1sicklx
BamaMafia 4 Life

Thumbs up SCT Chip / BamaChips

I did a review on this product in Dec. when I first got it on another board and thought I'd bring it new light here.

The car's only mod prior to the chip was a Flowmaster catback.

The chip was purchased from http://www.BamaChips.com and tuned by Doug. Enough chit-chat let's see some numbers ...
2003 Mustang GT (automatic)

This is on the 87 oct program. The peak gains were 10 hp / 13 ft-lbs with considerably larger gains from 3200-3900 RPM. The gains were impressive but the shifts are what made it a definite Must Buy.

In January I took it to the track and managed a 13.77@101.44 with the 93 oct program and the addition of a Prochamber. This was done at full weight on street radials (stock gatorbacks)

Full purchase price paid for SCT multi-bank chip AND tune was $330. While you may be able to squeeze out a couple more hp with other tuners, you won't come close to matching BamaChips prices. I would recommend anyone thinking about adding a chip to give BamaChips serious consideration. I was more than happy with Doug's work and plan to get a new tune in the near future. I'll post the results at that time.

SCT and BamaChips get the from me.

Jonathon
Old 03-16-2005, 12:12 PM   #2
Scothew
Censored Jihad

Send a message via AIM to Scothew Send a message via MSN to Scothew
Re: SCT Chip / BamaChips

Good write up. I am a great supporter of Doug. My car has never driven better and made as much power as it is right now with my SCT tune. I want to add a few more things to the cobra and let Doug retune it sometime soon to see what we get

.... Practice.
Scothew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
The Rock 326
Friends

Re: SCT Chip / BamaChips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scothew
Good write up. I am a great supporter of Doug. My car has never driven better and made as much power as it is right now with my SCT tune. I want to add a few more things to the cobra and let Doug retune it sometime soon to see what we get
I agree! Doug is the man when it comes to tuning!
The Rock 326 is offline   Reply With Quote