StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2005, 05:16 AM   #61
EZ SPEED
Friends

Re: front rotors

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevymtl
I know there a good price.

As a matter of fact there is a group purchase on the Harley truck forums. I just got in on it. I got the slotted/dimpled/red painted for $280 including shipping !!!!!!!!!!

Link:

http://www.nhtoc.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=16194
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a8_1.jpg (23.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-21-2005, 11:21 AM   #62
svopaul

Send a message via AIM to svopaul

OK....in stock. The only added cost would be shipping to me from the factory but I am cutting a homey hook up deal for you to more than offset that cost.

The front rotors(crossdrilled and USA made rotors) list for $379/pair.....I can sell the pair to you for $250
The pads list for $89/set....I can sell those to you for $66

I would recommend using these pads since I know how well they work first hand and they will not harm the rotor in that there is nothing in their material harder than the rotor surface. I am not sure what shipping to me would run but I wouldn't expect too much and I can find that out if you want to go that route.

No group purchase needed.......this is the QWKSNKE forum hookup
Old 01-21-2005, 12:11 PM   #63
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by svopaul

I would recommend using these pads since I know how well they work first hand and they will not harm the rotor in that there is nothing in their material harder than the rotor surface. I am not sure what shipping to me would run but I wouldn't expect too much and I can find that out if you want to go that route.
What brand pads Paul?
Old 01-21-2005, 05:01 PM   #64
svopaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB ZILLA
What brand pads Paul?
Stillen Metal Matrix
Old 01-21-2005, 05:27 PM   #65
hevymtl
Beach Bum

Quote:
Stillen Metal Matrix
I couldnt run my ceramix on those?
hevymtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:11 PM   #66
svopaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevymtl
I couldnt run my ceramix on those?
You could but I don't know what the material composition is on your pads so I can't tell you how they would react...but I can tell you that if you have been running them on your stock rotors and the rotors now don't have any grooving or wear that would suggest the pads have materials harder than the rotor itself then they should be fine.

Just because you run Stillen rotors doesn't mean you have to run the pads....I just suggest paying attention to pad composition as it does play an important role in both performance and longevity of a rotor.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:57 PM   #67
svopaul

Having never heard of Rotorpros before I decided to dig around a little bit to try to find some information on them. The low price suggests to me that these are china cast rotors but only having one in hand will verify if that is true or not. The carbon content in the steel/cast iron from china is very poor and makes for a very inferior product which is why I always caution people about this when they buy rotors. Dimpled rotors have no benefit outside of maybe making the rotor lighter but lessens the brake surface area. They can't out-gas or improve cooling like drilling accomplishes. Like the guy posted below: You get what you pay for. If the price seems too good to be true, there's a reason. The post below was found from a rotorpros customer....He went with powerslots and I am betting he will have issues with those as well as I know they are chinese rotors and have seen many problems from them.

This posting was found on f150online:

"I just pulled a full set of those ebay rotorpros slotted and dimpled rotors off my truck after about 600 miles. I ran them with hawk super duty pads and the braking was worse than stock. Not to mention all 4 made a horrible ticking sound when not even on the brakes!! The rear rotors were way out of balance as well.

He offered to sell them for me on ebay and refund me what he got for them. How's that for backing up your products?!?!?

I replaced the rotor pros with Power Slots and they are not only quiet and balanced properly but brake much better as well.

I guess it's true that you get what you pay for.

If anyone wants to try their luck with these ebay rotorpro rotors I have a full set real cheap"

This is just information/food for thought....I hate to see anyone buy something that they will deem later as a regret.
svopaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:46 PM   #68
hevymtl
Beach Bum

Quote:
Having never heard of Rotorpros before I decided to dig around a little bit to try to find some information on them. The low price suggests to me that these are china cast rotors but only having one in hand will verify if that is true or not. The carbon content in the steel/cast iron from china is very poor and makes for a very inferior product which is why I always caution people about this when they buy rotors. Dimpled rotors have no benefit outside of maybe making the rotor lighter but lessens the brake surface area. They can't out-gas or improve cooling like drilling accomplishes. Like the guy posted below: You get what you pay for. If the price seems too good to be true, there's a reason. The post below was found from a rotorpros customer....He went with powerslots and I am betting he will have issues with those as well as I know they are chinese rotors and have seen many problems from them.

"I just pulled a full set of those ebay rotorpros slotted and dimpled rotors off my truck after about 600 miles. I ran them with hawk super duty pads and the braking was worse than stock. Not to mention all 4 made a horrible ticking sound when not even on the brakes!! The rear rotors were way out of balance as well.

He offered to sell them for me on ebay and refund me what he got for them. How's that for backing up your products?!?!?

I replaced the rotor pros with Power Slots and they are not only quiet and balanced properly but brake much better as well.

If anyone wants to try their luck with these ebay rotorpro rotors I have a full set real cheap"

This is just information/food for thought....I hate to see anyone buy something that they will deem later as a regret.

Thanks , Paul!
hevymtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:56 AM   #69
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:
Stillen Metal Matrix

If that was what was on the white truck that you sold to me...I wouldnt put those pads on a damn go-cart.
The pads broke in half and fell out while my wife was driving the truck. Are they glued together with crazy glue or something?

And yes, I have pics somewhere to prove it.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:59 AM   #70
EZ SPEED
Friends

Quote:

Thanks for the info...but there are more reputable posts on the Harley truck board.
I will say this again.......I reasearch EVERYTHING before I buy.
Thats one post for BAD
I have read at least 20 posts for GOOD