StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Chassis, Drivetrain, Suspension, Brakes & Tires

Old 03-30-2007, 08:44 PM   #1
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Attn: Redhorse.05-07 stangs struts/shocks based off OEM wheel size

Ray, can you point me to the info about the strut/shock change requirements when changing wheels on the S197 cars. I can find no info from Ford, Steeda, etc on this being true.

All I have found is that the 'bump stop' is different when upgrading from 16-17" wheels and 18-19" wheels. Dave "GI Joe" upgraded to 20's from 17's on his Roush without doing any changes.

Just trying to figure this stuff out because there are so many rumors about what has to be done to upgrade wheels.

**Ford claims that the bump stop has to be changed.
**Someone else said it could be the tire pressure sensors (if equipped)
**You have brought up where you have seen that the strut/shocks have to be changed.
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:21 AM   #2
redhorse

Send a message via Yahoo to redhorse
We were told by the service writer and salesman about the different strut and shock combinations. We didn't want to run into any problems down the road so we made the change under advisement. I cannot honestly say we saw it in writing per say. We thought if there were different combinations, that we needed to match the size wheels with the correct strut and shocks.
Also, as far as the tire sensors they come in 17" and 18". Ford's service department at Adamson listed the different numbers for strut and shock combos and that is the info we were going off of.
Old 03-31-2007, 05:02 AM   #3
QWKSNKE
3v's are slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhorse View Post
We were told by the service writer and salesman about the different strut and shock combinations. We didn't want to run into any problems down the road so we made the change under advisement. I cannot honestly say we saw it in writing per say. We thought if there were different combinations, that we needed to match the size wheels with the correct strut and shocks.
Also, as far as the tire sensors they come in 17" and 18". Ford's service department at Adamson listed the different numbers for strut and shock combos and that is the info we were going off of.
Is the tire sensor an option or standard on the cars?
QWKSNKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #4
redhorse

Send a message via Yahoo to redhorse
I believe it is a stock item now. It is not listed on the sticker. So I guess it comes automatically with the car. It is a band on the rim with the sensor attached to it.