StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Mod Motor Tech (4.6 & 5.4)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
mrmustangconvert

Angry trans help agian.

i talked to the guy that i bought the 3650 again. and what happen was that he broke the input shaft and had it rebuilt (i already knew this when i bought it). but what just struck me was that the guy who i think rebuilt it is not to be trusted on these kind of things.

now the transmission shifts just fine when i drive it normal, then when i gun it its almost impossible to shift the thing. but the weirdest thing about it is i have taken it out twice and each time that i have removed it, it runs fine for about 100 miles or so. heck i even ran a 13.2 when i replaced the throw out bearing last time. another thing is that i think its eating through throwout bearings like nothing, the first throw out bearing was a bearing that came with spec clutch kit. now every time that i shift gears it sounds like a turbo blow off valve (when i push the clutch pedal down). i dont know its either theres something wrong with the clutch or the transmission.

im willing to pay someone to take apart the trans to see if theres anything wrong with the trans (ill remove it from the car). and thinking about downgrading to a king cobra clutch to make the car drive a lot better.
13.068 @ 102 with a 1.732 60 ft, 4:30 gears and drag radials, 2.5 inch exaust, x pipe w/ flowmasters, stock motor and trans
mrmustangconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

Sounds like the new input shaft wasn't setup properly. I know another guy who broke a input shaft on a 3650 and has had shifting problems since it was rebuilt.
(='.'=)
(")_(")
rtusnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:11 AM   #3
ujslost

I agree sounds like the endplay on the shafts isnt right
ujslost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #4
mrmustangconvert

thats what i thought it might be. is there anyone out there that is good with ford transmissions that i could trust to have looked at?
13.068 @ 102 with a 1.732 60 ft, 4:30 gears and drag radials, 2.5 inch exaust, x pipe w/ flowmasters, stock motor and trans
mrmustangconvert is offline   Reply With Quote