StreetStangs.net  

Go Back   StreetStangs.net > Technical > Ford Pushrod Tech (5.0 & 5.8)
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #21
EHardy1971
Trunk Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJeanyus View Post
Solid bushings are not going to cure any vibration. Soft rubber bushings will hide vibrations (that's the reason they are used), but solid bushings will transmit them all directly to the car.
Your vibration could be a dinged drive shaft, pinion angle, u-joint, etc. Best bet on that is to get it up on stands, get under it, and work from front to rear, checking everything. I've seen undercoating overspray get on a drive shaft before, and cause a bad vibration.
06 TBSS
EHardy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #22
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHardy1971 View Post
Your vibration could be a dinged drive shaft, pinion angle, u-joint, etc. Best bet on that is to get it up on stands, get under it, and work from front to rear, checking everything. I've seen undercoating overspray get on a drive shaft before, and cause a bad vibration.
lol i know they wont cure vibrations what i am meaning is the position of my lower control arms may have thown my opinion angle out of wack because i have factory uppers with the megabite jr lowers. i was meaning i wanted solib bushings because its an upgrade from what is on the car now. lol. and eric i changed out the driveshaft and all ujoints a couple of months back from the factory steel to an fms aluminum unit.with the tko swap 31 spline yoke, so im gonna assume until nothing else fixed it that the drive shaft is good.....hopefully lol when i did change it out they vibration was so much less noticable but still there. so, like i stated above im thinking that its the lowers set on kill mode and still having the factory uppers throwing my angle off.ill know here soon
Old 07-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #23
rtusnake
Halfshaft Killer

Need some adjustable uppers to get your pinion angle right. If you do solid bushings, better weld the torque boxes up and box em.
(='.'=)
(")_(")
rtusnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:42 PM   #24
tayzoid1
5.slo stanger

1. Quote:
    Originally Posted by rtusnake View Post
    Need some adjustable uppers to get your pinion angle right. If you do solid bushings, better weld the torque boxes up and box em.
yeah i need to do that anyway foreal